PDA

View Full Version : advice pls

christine84
13-06-2013, 04:21 PM
Hi there,
Just need some advice . I had a mindee who was with me yesterday. When mum dropped him off sha told me he had been running a temp the night before. He was warm throughout the day and eventually I gave him some paracetamol which mum brought in his bag. He is my only mindee as I'm 38 weeks pregnant and cant cope with more than one now.
Anyways my daughter woke up this morning running a temperature. She is still running a temp now. I just gave calpol again. I dont know if to let themum know or even if my daughter picked it up something from my mindee as her temp just started this morning. Mindee is due next on saturday and sunday.
I'm a bit concerned on how to proceed. This is my first mindee and first experience with this kind of thing. What would you do as best practice.

jackie 7
13-06-2013, 04:25 PM
I dong have a child if they have a temp and it needs calpol and they are obviously unwell. My policy says that parents pay if they are sick. I would talk to the mum. Also depends on your child ic they need all your attention. I have worked when I know if I am sick and caused by the little darlings. As I am now!!

christine84
13-06-2013, 04:37 PM
So do I tell themum that my child woke up with a temp this morning. And I will see how it goes?looking back now probably should not have taken him since he was running a temp. I have been checking the guidelines and I dont even know what temp I should classify as high temp. Cause mindee did not look so bad but was just not 100% and his mum thought it was down to teething.

Samijanec
13-06-2013, 05:12 PM
I'm not sure any virus would pass on that fast? Did your wee one get a temp the same night as the mindee was with you?

I'd see how the mindee is on Saturday, if he is still unwell then I'd say to mum about your wee one and explain the guidelines in brief about sick children.

If both are well by Saturday then I wouldn't say anything but bear it in mind for the next time.. :)

christine84
14-06-2013, 09:43 PM
My little one's temperature started the next morning.
Yes would see how he is and take it from there. Thank you.