PDA

View Full Version : CYPNow are running a readers poll on Truss

Simona
13-06-2013, 02:50 PM
We read lots of news from Children and Young People Now
Scroll down to the end of the page and look at the readers poll...how will you vote??

Children & Young People Now | Latest news, jobs and best practice (http://www.cypnow.co.uk/)

sarah707
13-06-2013, 05:15 PM
done.....

Richard is asking a very similar question on his childcare.co.uk Facebook page - so far nearly 4300 people are stating that they think she should resign :D

hectors house
13-06-2013, 05:48 PM
I was a bit disappointed with the question - I thought it was going to be "should she be burnt at the stack, stoned or publicly flogged! I'm a bit behind the times, but just been reading The Hunger Games - in that they cut out peoples tongues, can I tick that one.:laughing:

Simona
13-06-2013, 05:56 PM
A similar question??...in other words Sarah ...is her position untenable??
No... we have full trust in her and respect her deeply!!!
She certainly does not seem to have much support anywhere

sarah707
13-06-2013, 09:18 PM
A similar question??...in other words Sarah ...is her position untenable??
No... we have full trust in her and respect her deeply!!!
She certainly does not seem to have much support anywhere

Do you think Liz Truss MP should resign?

Ms. Truss is Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State at the Department of Education with a responsibility for education and childcare.

In January 2013 she outlined plans to reform childcare and released a document called 'More great childcare'. However the proposed reforms have been fiercely contested by early years workers, childminders and parents. Earlier this month Deputy Prime Minister, Nick Clegg announced that one of the major proposed changes, a change in the ratios of adults to children, would not be implemented.

Childminders, early years works and parents continue to fight the other 'More great childcare' plans - particularly those with regards to the proposed introduction of childminder agencies which would result in childminders ceasing to be individually inspected and graded by Ofsted. Childcare.co.uk agree that childminder agencies would be a bad move and would only lead to worse outcomes for children, increased costs and less choice for parents, as well as less independence and control for childminders.

According to reports, despite being in charge of childcare, Ms. Truss has only visited 6 childcare settings since 2010. Ms. Truss has failed to listen or respond to the majority of her opponents and is reported to have even blocked childminders on Twitter that disagree with her.

Please 'Like' this post if you think Liz Truss MP should resign.

... massive support, lots of comments... she is not a very popular lady :(

Simona
13-06-2013, 09:31 PM
A polite correction...she is not 'reported' to have blocked cms on twitter...she has and is well reported in Nursery world and CYPNow
She blocked me last October then a few months later blocked other cms

Can't say she has gagged me!!! and together we cms must continue to speak against her until she realises that positive engagement works better that her arrogant stance and deciding our future without consultation!