PDA

View Full Version : Childminder network meetings

lubeam
13-06-2013, 08:42 AM
I've just been to the children's centre for the network meeting out in by our la and I'm the only one here ! The last who runs it says they've been a massive flop and asked me for ideas on how they can improve ! How do I no ?! Only been registered a month!
Sooooooo what do you guys get/ want at your network meetings ?! I thought I'd try and help the very sad looking lady out :)

Thanks in advance

kellyskidz!
13-06-2013, 08:48 AM
Advertise. Everywhere they can. And provide us all with snacks lol!
I found out about my cm networking from a poster in a shop window. It was that day and I'd heard nothing about it and neither had any other minder friends. Also the time has to be right, we had ours on an evening as not all cms want to take four or five kids to a meeting with them. And doing it somewhere central is a plus, maybe somewhere a lot of cms go to a playgroup or something? That way they'll see the ad and know the building well. Good luck for next time!

loocyloo
13-06-2013, 10:48 AM
barely anyone comes to ours either! only twice a month, but some attend a toddler group in a different town that day and couldn't possibly miss it, even once a month :rolleyes: another group meet up themselves in another town that day and couldn't possibly meet with us, again, even once a month :rolleyes: and I have no idea why the others don't come!

we've tried evening meetings, but pretty much the same people can't make those due to some reason or other!

there is not a single session that a majority could ( or rather, I should say would ) come to! :(

we provide snack, activities, messy play, story & song time. plus cascade any training/info down ( well we would if anyone came! ) DO is there once a month to support, and that is also 'my' role.

the only thing missing is hot drinks for adults, but as at childrens centre we are not allowed them!

bunyip
13-06-2013, 11:32 AM
I've given up going to mine. Bad time. Bad location. I sat through tedious discussions on subjects that the attendees should either know like the back of their over-manicured hands or not be allowed within 50 yards of a child.

Two evenings wasted and the better part of £80 in taxi fares to be taught how to suck eggs.

Quoth the raven..................... :panic:

lubeam
13-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Lol well I let the kids play and got some info on 2 year funding no hot drinks thou as a children centre rules , apparently that's what stopped other cms goin ! Lol , the lady at the centre is putting on a summer event in hope of gettin ppl to come , and apparently there's 5 newbies nearly registered that might come so looks a bit more promising , I liked it , and it got me outta house so ill go again :)
Maybe ill take up role as the don bunyip lol :)

jackie 7
13-06-2013, 12:21 PM
The only center I could go to closed so nowhere else I can go apart from very noisy play groups. As that was on a Friday and loads here don't work on a Friday it was not popular.