PDA

View Full Version : Back from holiday blues!

kellyskidz!
13-06-2013, 07:59 AM
After a lovely week off in Lanzarote I'm finding the anticlimax difficult! While I was there in the sun I got some perspective on a difficult parent who rarely pays on time, and is quite rude to me when I do see her. I think, whilst laying on the sun bed, I felt stronger and more relaxed to be able to think that's it, I'm giving notice it's not worth the stress if I'm fretting about it on holiday. But now I'm back I'm thinking it would be a lot of money to lose and is it really so bad?! Has anyone else ever had this? It was my first holiday since being a childminder and I was unable to switch off as much as I did when I was working in a nursery, which I wasn't expecting. I kept having thoughts that when I came home all my mindees would have given notice which of course they haven't!
It was a brilliant holiday but a difficult one to totally relax on!

smurfette
13-06-2013, 08:13 AM
Glad uou had a good holiday! It could be that you have gained some strength to deal with it again,, I have a screamer and while on holiday (and the couple of days I had her before I left) I decided enough was enough I couldn't take it anymore, but you know what I think I got more energy and it somehow broke the cycle (she also had more time with mum and dad which might have helped give her reassurance) but the first day I had her back she was much better and I felt able to carry on a while ., like that money was an issue too, it's only 6 days a month but she helps pay off the credit card! So maybe if you got some perspective and feel refreshed and are prepared to put down the ground rules again you can carry on? If not well give yourself a time limit where if it doesn't get any better you will give notice good luck!

kellyskidz!
13-06-2013, 08:20 AM
Thanks :) I think that's what I'm going to do, lay down the rules again. I don't want to lose the child who is a pleasure to care for or cause any repercussions if she bad mouths me for giving notice but at the same time I really did think clearly, I can't be walked over.
It annoyed me that while I was away I was thinking I bet the payment hasn't been made into my bank today, I was even going to go to an Internet cafe and check but I stopped myself. It shouldn't be like that, I should expect payment when payments due and not be thinking 'when she doesn't pay I'll have to do this or that'
Yes, deffo going to be typing up a letter about fees and having a word!