PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a business name also do you have business account

aella851
13-06-2013, 06:34 AM
Was wondering if you just put childminder and your name or actually have a business name? I was thinking about having a business name but not sure.

Was thinking aellaschildminding or aellas childcare.

It's my initials of all my name.

Secondly do you have a separate business account or do you use your personal account?

Angie :-)

suziealderton
13-06-2013, 06:45 AM
Hi i dont have a business account-there is no requirement to do so and i believe the charges can be quite high. I suppose my business name is my name! I have a website www.suzieschildminding.co.uk and my facebook is my name too and my embroidered shirts have my name and childminder on x

aella851
13-06-2013, 07:09 AM
Hi i dont have a business account-there is no requirement to do so and i believe the charges can be quite high. I suppose my business name is my name! I have a website www.suzieschildminding.co.uk and my facebook is my name too and my embroidered shirts have my name and childminder on x

I love your website.
So I could use aellaschildminding as a web address if its available and use my name
Tshirts that's a good idea for identification and also protects your own clothes.

munch149
13-06-2013, 07:24 AM
I don't have a business account either and name is Trickey tots which is my surname

kellyskidz!
13-06-2013, 08:03 AM
Hi i dont have a business account-there is no requirement to do so and i believe the charges can be quite high. I suppose my business name is my name! I have a website Suzie's Childminding, Registered Childminder in Eastburn, West Yorkshire (http://www.suzieschildminding.co.uk) and my facebook is my name too and my embroidered shirts have my name and childminder on x

Great website! I really want to set one up of my own and this one has lots of good ideas to get started with it :) xx

kellyskidz!
13-06-2013, 08:05 AM
Also my business name is Kelly's Kidz, my partner thought of it and I love it. I have it printed n my business cards and on the sign outside my house. Also all the kids have Kelly's Kidz and my phone number printed on the back of their hi vis jackets which they wear on outings so its a good way to advertise :)

Samijanec
13-06-2013, 08:33 AM
I use samijanechildminding and just use my normal account, I am contemplating getting the tee shirts, I really need to think about cards and a car sticker as well.. Would you say they make a difference?

CLL
13-06-2013, 08:56 AM
I would be careful about advertising outside your own home and on your car. You are letting people know you work at home along with young children and where you live. Potential safeguarding risk.

kellyskidz!
13-06-2013, 08:59 AM
Yes I'd say they make a difference, two of my kids are in my care because their mums stopped me when out and about and asked if I was a cm and if they could come for a visit :)

suziealderton
13-06-2013, 12:20 PM
I love your website.
So I could use aellaschildminding as a web address if its available and use my name
Tshirts that's a good idea for identification and also protects your own clothes.

Pauline did my website, it was 55 pounds (i think for the year) although you can get it cheaper through her if you have adverts on it. She has a facebook page think its childminders websites x

Becci26
13-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Yes I am 'Gigglebox Childminding' :)

I just use a separate bank account not a business account

Tazmin68
13-06-2013, 01:05 PM
Yes I am Debbies Daycare. Pauline does my website www.debbies-daycare.co.uk. I have a seperate account but not a business account I am not paying fees for one. I don't advertise on my house, I do have car stickers mainly in the hope that people will leave me enough space to get children in and out of car and get double buggy out of boot!!! The stickers come off when we are at home and at weekends.i have polo shirts, fleece and waterproof jacket with Debbies Daycare on them.

Amandak28
13-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Im going to be called Amanda's Little Pandas

Business accounts are totally up to you. Altho i have considered getting one.

Xxx

VeggieSausage
15-06-2013, 07:35 AM
I am Sarah CDs Childminding and I don't have a separate bank account, jut use my normal joint account with my dh. My website is Home - Sarah CDs Childminding (http://www.sarahcdschildminding.moonfruit.com) and facebook page www.facebook.com/sarahcdschildminding

I did the website myself through Moonfruits free package....

bindy
15-06-2013, 08:20 PM
I'm Kanga and Roos. No business account.

Simona
16-06-2013, 07:54 AM
Childminding is a 'business' and we, the cms, are the business whatever we choose to call ourselves
A separate account would be better, no need to have a business one where you pay charges but one dedicated solely to your financial affairs is better

I don't know anyone in any other profession who runs a business who shares it with their personal account...it must be very complicated separating what belongs to you from what is the business side of things? that is how things were done a long time ago
I know my accountant would not allow sharing personal and business.

aella851
16-06-2013, 10:10 AM
I'm thinking of having on my business cards business name aellas childminding (its the initials of all my name. What do you think?

I thinking about a separate account. Do use pay things like your utility bills through the work account?

Simona
16-06-2013, 10:25 AM
Gas, electricity, water and phone should be paid out of your personal account...then claim the percentage allowed under 'Tax Free Allowances' ...you also claim 10% of your fees for Wear and Tear

aella851
16-06-2013, 10:34 AM
Gas, electricity, water and phone should be paid out of your personal account...then claim the percentage allowed under 'Tax Free Allowances' ...you also claim 10% of your fees for Wear and Tear

So is that 10% of the hourly rate you charge the parents? For wear and tear

FussyElmo
16-06-2013, 10:37 AM
So is that 10% of the hourly rate you charge the parents? For wear and tear

Its 10% of whatever you earn before expenses :thumbsup:

allison
16-06-2013, 12:00 PM
I do have a business account only because when the LA pay me for the funded spaces they will only pay into a business account. I don't get any charges on the account as long as everything that goes in is transferred and no cash or cheques are paid in.