PDA

View Full Version : Part time / minimum hours

smurfette
12-06-2013, 11:09 PM
Hi

I charge five euros an hour usually, have charged six in the past for term time only contract, have just had an enquiry for two days a week for six hours each day and have quoted six euros an hour... What is your minimum hours/rate, do you charge more for less hours? It is a space taken up after all!

lynncjt
13-06-2013, 06:52 AM
I do similar, I charge £3.75 ph (we're cheap up here...) but have a minimum day fee of £30 as it's taking up a day space!

I do have one child that comes from 11:30 to 2:30 that I only charge £18 for but that's because they were happy to take the 2 odd day spaces that I had not been able to fill and it's just till the summer holidays

smurfette
13-06-2013, 08:36 AM
Thanks for reply .. Would u give away one day a week if you only had a space on two or three days a week??

lynncjt
13-06-2013, 10:43 AM
Thanks for reply .. Would u give away one day a week if you only had a space on two or three days a week??

I guess it depends on your own circumstances - I had the 2 days free for ages and no esquires for ages so decided it was better to have a small fee than no fee!