PDA

View Full Version : Discipline

rebecca179
12-06-2013, 09:44 PM
I'm struggling with discipline with the 9year old boy I look after. He doesn't really have anything material that I take remove until his behaviour improves and just laughs or doesn't take 'being sent to his room' as a bad punishment (mothers discipline not mine) any suggestions for bad language, rudeness, ignorance and bad behaviour?!

kellyskidz!
13-06-2013, 08:56 AM
No TV? No outdoor play? No computer games? Or maybe just ignore the behaviour totally, as it may be an attention thing.
Talk to him about it, when he kicks off ask him why he's angry, upset etc. it could be that you've got so focused on him misbehaving that you're overlooking a reason why
Also you and mum have to be working together and being consistent, if she's sending him to his room and you're doing something different its sending a mixed message to him. If its really bad have mum in for a chat about it and work out what to do.
Remember to reward his good behaviour with treats too, so he'll eventually realise that playing up is just costing him on the long run, he's old enough to understand that.
Good luck, let us know how you get on!