PDA

View Full Version : I know i'm being silly but...........

sunview_cm
12-06-2013, 07:30 AM
I have a 2 year old mindee 4 days a week and he's lovely.........normally lovely! Since Monday he's not wanted to walk through the front door in the mornings, has a right face on him and makes me feel dreadful! Normally he can't wait to get through the door and has complained to dad when he hasn't brought him here on occasions because he knows he come to me when his brother and sister are at school.
Mum says he's been having disturbed nights so probably is sickening for something. But i know I shouldn't take it personally but I just went to check on him and my daughter and he went "Emma" and I smiled and repeated his name and he spat his tongue out and gave me the meanest of looks! Feel really disheartened. Monday he hit me in the face. Normally he's such a fun, happy child!

ziggy
12-06-2013, 07:36 AM
Oh dear, big hugs

Is something going on at home? Has he seen older children at home acting like this?

I wondered because my 2yr old mindee has started copying his 4yr old brother who makes such a fuss when mummy drops him at school, then when younger boy comes here he does the same.

Or maybe he is sickening for something.

I think i would let him know hitting and sticking tongue out is not acceptable behaviour then give him lots of cuddles when he stops, he may then chat about what is bothering him

hectors house
12-06-2013, 08:21 AM
Stamp down hard on the bad, aggressive and rude behaviour but balance it with lots of praise when he is being good and lots of cuddles when he is feeling sad or confused. How about making an emotions board or getting a book from the library about how to express your feelings - in a nice way!

Samijanec
12-06-2013, 08:48 AM
I'm having the same thing with one of my mindees at the moment, he is sulky and temperamental all the time, he refuses food he normally loves and is just plain bad. His dad is currently working away and mum says that he is a nightmare at home. I think we are both counting down eager for dad to come home.

Sounds like your wee mindee is acting the same way, I wouldn't take it personal but like everyone else says, clamp down on the bad behaviour and lots of extra cuddles for the good. Hopefully what ever is bothering them will pass soon.

In the mean time good luck x

jackie 7
12-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Oh good I not the only one. My darling won't sleep at night. Will not stay in bed and gets up at night. Parents often give up and he sleeps in their bed. But it is all my fault as he sleeps here. He is always grumpy and is often horrid to the others. He starts to cry if anyone pushes him. I am working with parents to balance his need for sleep during the day and getting him to sleep at night. Because they give in to him at night what can I do? I will do the best I can.