PDA

View Full Version : Is it ok to look after a child at their own house until you have your certificate?

ds2602
11-06-2013, 07:53 PM
Hi.
I'm awaiting my certificate from Ofsted after my pre reg visit. I have been approached by a parent who wants childcare for her little girl and have heard that I can look after the child at their own house until I get my certificate. Is this right? I did ask the lady that came from Ofsted to do my pre reg visit and she said she thought it was ok but best to ring the Ofsted help line.
Any advice would be grateful.

blue bear
11-06-2013, 07:59 PM
Are you thinking of nannying albeit temporary? Most nannies are employed but I think it is possible to be self employed. What insurance will you need. You would need to only care for the chikd at theirs you cannot take them back to yours, have a look on netmums there was some discussion about this subject recently on the coffees house chat, child care workers chat.

suziealderton
11-06-2013, 08:04 PM
Have you had pre reg and just waiting for your certificate? That should just be a couple of days i think so one way round it (ive done this and ofsted said it was ok on the phone) is to child mind for them but not take payment. Not ideal but on a short term basis might be ok?

suziealderton
11-06-2013, 08:05 PM
I will see if i can find the correct bit of paper with this info on, its def on ofsted wwbsite x

suziealderton
11-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Have you had pre reg and just waiting for your certificate? That should just be a couple of days i think so one way round it (ive done this and ofsted said it was ok on the phone) is to child mind for them but not take payment. Not ideal but on a short term basis might be ok?

So it would be in YOUR home x

Supernanny86
11-06-2013, 08:07 PM
I've been self employed as a nanny before as it was only temp, I double checked with hm that it was allowed. Now I'm employed :)

bindy
11-06-2013, 09:02 PM
Yes , you can look after the child in his own home.

Samcat
11-06-2013, 09:24 PM
I did one to one at nursery, then became self employed looking after the child in their own home around their nursery hours when I left there. I continued to to this after putting in my application to register as a cm. I just made sure I never brought them to my house and made it clear to Mrs O at pre-reg the child was looked after in their own house. I didn't childmind them in my house until my registration certificate came through.