PDA

View Full Version : Upset :-(

muffins
11-06-2013, 07:51 PM
I feel so upset, stupid really as its cos I just upset an ex future client, I feel so awful for her:( I could kick myself!

They came to visit for a space in September, went to visit a few other minders and came back to me yesterday to say yes. Then today another mindees parent asked to change days meaning I wont have the space in September:panic:. I just had to ring to say I cant have new mindee in September, it wasnt taken well and they felt very upset by it. So now do I, in tears:ohdear:

sarah707
11-06-2013, 07:53 PM
Oh hunny you can't be everything to everybody.

Hugs xx

blue bear
11-06-2013, 07:54 PM
I think I might have this situation soon, heard today the school are changing their reception intake. Dreading the call want to be sure first. Hugs x

beachgirl29
11-06-2013, 07:59 PM
It will work out for the best in the end. Ive had a space taken and had to let some parents down then the people who wanted the space let me down making me look stupid. hug xxxx

Waveawand
11-06-2013, 08:00 PM
I feel so upset, stupid really as its cos I just upset an ex future client, I feel so awful for her:( I could kick myself!

They came to visit for a space in September, went to visit a few other minders and came back to me yesterday to say yes. Then today another mindees parent asked to change days meaning I wont have the space in September:panic:. I just had to ring to say I cant have new mindee in September, it wasnt taken well and they felt very upset by it. So now do I, in tears:ohdear:

Oh honey, do you normally change your contracted days ? I mean couldnt you tell exisiting parent that youve just promised free days to another after all yesterday you had the space ? - Maybe not as they are already on your books and have priority. Or maybe you could recommend another cm that has space and has the same ethos to the job as you have to take the sting out so to speak . Its hard but you know, they drop us like this all the time and without ANY valid reason or concern. Dont know what else to say except to send you a big :group hug: X

The Juggler
11-06-2013, 08:04 PM
oh honey so sorry you feel upset. I would have done the same as you - the current parent is a known entitty - who knows what new mum would have done (i.e. changed her mind) before september.

she is understandably upset. I would maybe see if I could find some other names for her. Call her and say you felt awful and you have got some numbers of minders you know for her :thumbsup:

Mouse
11-06-2013, 08:10 PM
It's horrible isn't it?

I'm about to find myself in a similar position, but I'm burying my head in the sand for now :blush:

muffins
11-06-2013, 08:18 PM
:blush:Thanks all, feeling a little better now:thank you:

Just had a good chat to my mum! These parents are sent to try us!

The Juggler
11-06-2013, 08:23 PM
:blush:Thanks all, feeling a little better now:thank you:

Just had a good chat to my mum! These parents are sent to try us!

glad you are feeling better. you know if you do phone her back with some alternative numbers. say sorry again but turn the tables, ask her if she was your current mum already using several days per week, you are sure she would have wanted you to have given her first priority :thumbsup: