PDA

View Full Version : Courses

Carla Watts
11-06-2013, 07:38 PM
I have no experience in childcare except being a mummy to 2 kids. I have done childminding for 4 years now and love it. I would like to get some qualifications, but have no idea what to do. What would you do first ? nvq etc.

The Juggler
11-06-2013, 07:39 PM
I'd go for a level 3 hon, whether it be NVQ or something different.

chriss
11-06-2013, 08:04 PM
Am interested in doing something too, any suggestions as to what is level 3, and where to access such courses . Thanks

red rooster
21-06-2013, 06:34 AM
level 3 in childrens care learning and development. contact your local early years team to find out about funding and info on who may be able to provide the course

vals
01-07-2013, 06:30 PM
I'm doing my level 3 through Jace training which is a mostly online course, and part funded. My daughter is doing hers with Babcock training which is also partly online,but arranged through the nursery she works at. I found it hard to get motivated at first, but am getting into it more now. I know people that have done theirs at college as an evening course - they said they enjoyed it - I decided online to give me freedom to do it faster, and I don't have to commit to the same evening every week.
There is a lot to it, but there is plenty of help online and in books.