PDA

View Full Version : CM networks

JoRo163
11-06-2013, 07:29 PM
May sound like a stupid question, but what does being part of a childmjnding network actually involve? Or does it vary according to area?

I've received invites from a local children's centre about the network meetings, but they seem to be very irregular, and the topics are not always that useful, such as 'preparing for your inspection' which was the month after I had my inspection, so would have been a waste of effort.

I've applied to be registered for 3 & 4 yr old funding, but it's a requirement to be part of a network, but I don't want to do it if it adds too much extra work!

I will contact my local children's centre tomorrow, just don't want to come across as completely clueless!!!

moggy
11-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Completely depends on where you are and your LA. Ours has recently done away with the Network completely! Some have healthy Networks running. Generally they are to do with supporting CMs to achieve high(er) standards and have some kind of standards to agree to and a contract to sign (ours were from a NCMA scheme) and checks from someone in the LA once or twice a year or so.

jillplum
12-06-2013, 12:42 PM
In my area we have been told we can offer 3 and 4 year old funding in September without any network or accreditation process. Might be worth holding off for a while!