PDA

View Full Version : Ad hoc care

vikiwizz
11-06-2013, 05:56 PM
If you have a child ad hoc would you/can you have another child full time?

So I have one space for between 1-5 and have a child that does ad hoc hours, can you then take in a full timer?

Becci26
11-06-2013, 06:11 PM
Yes you can take on another child BUT you could only then have the ad hoc chidl if you had space OR as continuity of care...

How often do you have the adhoc child?

vikiwizz
11-06-2013, 06:14 PM
I technically wouldn't have space as I have 2 of my own so only one space for under 5 but the ad hoc is 4 afternoons throughout the month between 1-6.

Becci26
11-06-2013, 06:34 PM
I'm sure someone with more experience will come along and offer more advice, I'm not sure as it would be new business is the child contracted to do 4 afternoons a month? Or is that just how often it seems to be?

For example I have a few ad hoc contracts one of which at the moment I seem to be having once a week, but then might not have them again for a month or 2 so I don't necessarily take these children into account when taking on new business - with them being ad-hoc if I have availability they are welcome to come and if not they don't - it's a risk they take with ad hoc..

Once new child has started and is settled could you potentially grant yourself a variation for continuity of care? Although like I said I'm not sure because it is technically new business...

If it wasn't possible though I think I'd rather take on a full timer and lose the adhoc child.

vikiwizz
11-06-2013, 06:38 PM
I'm sure someone with more experience will come along and offer more advice, I'm not sure as it would be new business is the child contracted to do 4 afternoons a month? Or is that just how often it seems to be?

For example I have a few ad hoc contracts one of which at the moment I seem to be having once a week, but then might not have them again for a month or 2 so I don't necessarily take these children into account when taking on new business - with them being ad-hoc if I have availability they are welcome to come and if not they don't - it's a risk they take with ad hoc..

Once new child has started and is settled could you potentially grant yourself a variation for continuity of care? Although like I said I'm not sure because it is technically new business...

If it wasn't possible though I think I'd rather take on a full timer and lose the adhoc child.

That's what I'm thinking re continuity of care as I really don't want to let the ad hoc parent down!!