PDA

View Full Version : Toddlers cry for a month in French nurseries

Simona
11-06-2013, 05:49 PM
Thank you Sarah for sending this article to Truss...I missed that bit in the debate but apparently she did not believe that toddlers chairs are fitted with tennis balls to stop the noise when the fidget...the photo is rather shocking.
Hope this does not happen to our 2 year olds who Truss wants to be in school here

BBC News - Toddlers 'cry for a month in French nurseries' (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-22815837)

sarah707
11-06-2013, 06:13 PM
I thought Sharon Hodgson spoke very well and dealt with Ms Truss brilliantly when she shook her head in disbelief!!

Did she really think Sharon would make up something like that? :panic:

The article is shocking - and I cannot believe Truss has not read it!!

She really should do better keeping up with what is going on in the sector she is trying so hard to destroy :rolleyes:

The Juggler
11-06-2013, 08:17 PM
really! you can't beleive she didn't do her research properly ;):laughing::laughing:

i nearly cried when I read this article and makes me even more determined to be in nurseries to at least ensure the one I work in DOES not forego freeflow play and has nothing but adult led activities. Nurseries should be full of chaotic behaviour - there are 30 children there :panic:

loocyloo
11-06-2013, 09:27 PM
oh my goodness, those poor children, such little ones having to sit 'still' for so long with only a 15min 'playtime'. that is SO sad.

hectors house
12-06-2013, 06:51 AM
That's just crowd control - where is the independent learning, exploring and nuturing environment?

AliceK
12-06-2013, 06:59 AM
And scheduled toilet breaks!!!! :angry:. Ridiculous. That's not "care" :panic:

xxxx