PDA

View Full Version : Assistant process

LittleStarzSE9
11-06-2013, 10:23 AM
Hi I want to register my sister as my assistant until she has done the CYPOP5 Course to become registered herself (working with me) as I don't want to be responsible for NI, Tax etc.
She has done her Paediatric first aid and I have printed of the EY2 so do I have to wait for her CRB to clear before she can work with me (even as supervised)? or can she start straight away
as long as she is supervised and parents have been made aware?

we both recently had out Scouts Leadership CRB certificates Returned clear (which I am also aware OFSTED wont take as the gospel and appreciate that) but could this show I have ensured she is a suitable person?.

Also once her CRB has cleared is it then I apply to OFSTED to ask for a change in my numbers or do I do this before?
Does she have to write refrence details on the EY2 or is this my duty to uptake myself now?

Any help would be gratefully received..

sarah707
11-06-2013, 05:13 PM
There is some information about registering assistants here -

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/registered-assistants-co-minders/117086-registering-assistant-advice.html

They must be fully supervised until their DBS check has come through and you have confirmation of suitability from Ofsted.

Hth :D