PDA

View Full Version : Doctors

charlottenash
11-06-2013, 07:58 AM
Do you request each child's doctors details? If yes, why?

hectors house
11-06-2013, 08:17 AM
Because if you ever need to take a child to A & E they will ask you who the child's doctor is. Every child should be allocated a doctor but sometimes in busy surgeries you never get to see that particular doctor and often when you next try to make an appointment you find that your doctor left 6 months ago anyway!

charlottenash
11-06-2013, 09:45 AM
I have all their doctors details but I was chatting to another CM who doesn't because she said its unnecessary. I don't see any harm in having it TBH. I didn't know why we needed it just thought it was a requirement.

Samcat
11-06-2013, 10:01 AM
It's required by many organisations as well as us in case of emergency treatment. I've always had to fill in our doctor's details on paperwork whenever my boys have gone away on Cub/Scout/Explorer camp.

Daisy De
11-06-2013, 11:41 AM
I thought it was connected to A and E visits too although I don't know that officially. Just seems an obvious thing to know if you are looking after other people's children.

maisiemog
11-06-2013, 12:27 PM
Knowing their doctors details also makes it easier to get hold of their medical history in an emergency. Although we like to think a parent would be totally honest with us about their child's medical history this isn't always the case!