PDA

View Full Version : Fathers day idea for 18 monther?

jadavi
11-06-2013, 01:28 AM
This lad isn't into art at all. Will pour sand and splash water for hours and loves trains and cars.
Would like to do a Father's Day present activity for when Ofsted is here but want to tie in with his characteristic of learning.... Ie no point doing a photo if he's not involved. No point doing a forced art activity. Maybe not do this for Ofsted? Except I'm doing something with the other older two for Father's Day for Ofsted to observe and hoped to have them all doing something. Trouble is this age doesn't create much if they don't like messy stuff?
Any thoughts o wise ones?

Mrsh3103
11-06-2013, 06:03 AM
What about getting coloured sand. You put glue onto a card in a shape & let him pour the sand on to it. X

mrs robbie williams
11-06-2013, 06:07 AM
ive go 2 x 2 yr olds today who really arent into arts and crafts so have printed a poem, going to get couple sheets stiff card then they can paint, glitter whatever they want on front and i'll stick poem in middle - prob be a arts session lasting 5 mins maximum

jackie 7
11-06-2013, 07:38 AM
My 2 yr olds are into sticking. We painted a photo frame and will put stickers on it

hectors house
11-06-2013, 08:57 AM
I replied on a similar thread that yesterday needed quick father's day activity for child who only comes on a Monday - and I had forgotten it was father's day this weekend.

I found a tie to colour in on Sparklebox, mindee coloured it in then we cut out cars from some wrapping paper I had and stuck on the tie (maybe yours would just do the sticking, if not into colouring) then I laminated it and cut it out - looked great. You could let children watch you doing laminating - you could include some safety warnings and then explain how laminator works - ticks a box for technology too! Good luck with inspection

jackie 7
11-06-2013, 09:04 AM
I might try laminating pictures as a mouse mat for parents. Could be good for Christmas

zippy
11-06-2013, 10:01 PM
There's some I love daddy mugs in tescos for £1 how about getting lo to do some extra decorating with ceramic pens on one