PDA

View Full Version : Evidence of written menus

itsybitsyteeny
10-06-2013, 11:29 PM
Am I right to assume we don't need evidence of written menus if children bring their own lunch? Or do we need to include 'snacks' in this as my mindee just has fruit for snack.

merry
11-06-2013, 04:46 AM
Am I right to assume we don't need evidence of written menus if children bring their own lunch? Or do we need to include 'snacks' in this as my mindee just has fruit for snack.

I provide meals and don't do written menus, ofsted have never mentioned it.

:)

Becci26
11-06-2013, 06:10 AM
You don't need to have a written menu at all, it is not essential. Although I do have a 4 week rolling menu that I use and ofsted liked seeing it (aswell as the parents) but I don't actually stick to it that strictly x

bunyip
11-06-2013, 06:19 AM
I jot down what the lo's have eaten in their diary for mum/dad's information, but that means Ofsted could see it too*.

* That's why "cod and chips eaten in the park" gets noted as "seafood with potato on the side, al fresco" in the diary. :rolleyes:

munch149
11-06-2013, 07:19 AM
I have an example menu to give parents an idea of what I serve but I don't follow a menu strictly

hectors house
11-06-2013, 07:48 AM
I provide the cooked lunches for mindees but I just tell parents when they collect what child has eaten - I don't know what I am having for tea tonight yet, so how can I tell the parents what their child will be eating tomorrow let alone next week!

sing-low
11-06-2013, 08:08 AM
I jot down what the lo's have eaten in their diary for mum/dad's information, but that means Ofsted could see it too*.

* That's why "cod and chips eaten in the park" gets noted as "seafood with potato on the side, al fresco" in the diary. :rolleyes:

Trip to the pub = 'community lunch'???!!!

LittleAcornsThatcham
01-07-2013, 09:50 AM

LOVE this :)

I'm using baby days so have put a few sample menus up. Whether I stick to these only time will tell :)