PDA

View Full Version : double buggy advice

3 little ducks
10-06-2013, 06:53 PM
Hi, i use buses all the time as dont drive, need a double, have had numerous ones and really struggling to find one that will fit on a bus without having to unload and fold up. Needs to be a side by side as i physically can not push a tandem, have had a couple and when they have 2 toddlers in they too heavy. Currently have a real basic umbrella fold that doesnt even recline and that only just fits with a bit of persuasion and lots of pushing and shoving and holding the bus up! Makes the grumpygrannies moan a lot when i get on and off the bus. my basic one doesnt have a raincover and need a cover due to this excessively sunny summer we are having, cant put a universal raincover on it as it doesnt have hood to hold the cover in place. Any ideas please, am getting desperate. :(

Amandak28
10-06-2013, 07:07 PM
Have you looked at the twin city stroller?

Im in. The same position as i don't drive either and have been looking for the ideal one.

I really like the phil and teds range but would much prefer a side by side.

Hth xx

blue bear
10-06-2013, 07:11 PM
I'd say a phil and ted would suit you best and is so much easier to push than the majority of side by sides. I have a Mclaren twin triumph which is fairly narrow and light to push but I'd say narrowness is the most important factor when getting n the bus.

3 little ducks
10-06-2013, 07:29 PM
i dont like the phil and teds style, not happy having one under the other, plus have borrowed a nieghbours and didnt get on with it still found it heavy with 2 toddlers.
Have you tried yours on the bus Blue bear?x

cazbo05
10-06-2013, 07:35 PM
i dont like the phil and teds style, not happy having one under the other, plus have borrowed a nieghbours and didnt get on with it still found it heavy with 2 toddlers.
Have you tried yours on the bus Blue bear?x

Hi I have McLaren twin triumph too and I get on the bus fine with it, I'm thinking about getting nipper 360 as do lots of walking every day but will probably use the McLaren for buses x

greanan
10-06-2013, 07:45 PM
I don't drive so use buses a lot. I've got a baby jogger city mini side by side and it fits on and off fine