PDA

View Full Version : Questions from a potential new childminder

jogodbold
10-06-2013, 01:39 PM
Hello, I need some help just getting my head round what I will do in certain circumstances. They will probably seem silly but advice always helps!

I only have an upstairs toilet and just wandered what other people do when 1) They need to go and 2) They have to take one of the children but leave the rest? and also when you have to empty potties and sort out accidents etc.

Also what do you do with school runs as I have 2 boys of my own, one will be full-time in September but have my youngest still at home til next year, then he'll be part-time, do I get someone to take or look after others or will I manage to trawl 3-4 children to the school, it will be walking and not driving too.

So many questions, and Im sure ill have more!

tulip0803
10-06-2013, 06:27 PM
Hello, I need some help just getting my head round what I will do in certain circumstances. They will probably seem silly but advice always helps!

I only have an upstairs toilet and just wandered what other people do when 1) They need to go and 2) They have to take one of the children but leave the rest? and also when you have to empty potties and sort out accidents etc. I only have an upstairs toilet. I ensure that any little ones are but in a travel cot or strapped into a pushchair While I go upstairs. I have a stair gate at the bottom and any walkers not secured:rolleyes: will often sit on bottom step waiting for me. My house is as safe as possible. They cannot open doors and leave. The kitchen door is shut. We do everything as quick as possible. At the moment I have 2 3yo and a 2 yo who all go together. we go down the stairs on our bottoms! Every thing is done fast.

Also what do you do with school runs as I have 2 boys of my own, one will be full-time in September but have my youngest still at home til next year, then he'll be part-time, do I get someone to take or look after others or will I manage to trawl 3-4 children to the school, it will be walking and not driving too.Depending on where you are you could get an assistant but you would have to pay them minimum wage. If you are in Wales you cannot leave children in the care of an assistant. I used to walk children to and from school - it is good for them there is so much to see and talk about. Many learning opportunities colours, counting, nature, weather, letters etc. Depending on the ages of children you get you can get double/triple pushchairs, buggy boards, reigns etc. I used to walk to a school about 1/2 mile in one direction then back past the house to a playschool the same distance in the other direction at 12 collect form playschool, then school again and then at one time back to another school by the playschool! I was a lot slimmer then! I now have to drive as I moved to a rural area and there are no paths on the main road:(. You will be able to do it

So many questions, and Im sure ill have more!

Good luck :thumbsup: