PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference?

CookieCutter
10-06-2013, 01:23 PM
Hi everyone! I'm a newly registered childminder, and although I've only set up an account on here today, I've been reading posts on this forum for months. I have learned so much on here...so, thanks!

There are a few things I'm still unsure of, but the main one is paperwork. There seems to be a lot of discontent with PACEY at the moment, so I've decided to go with MM for my PLI (unless any of you give me reason to sign up to PACEY for membership and PLI). I've read that if I'm with MM, I don't have to use their contracts. I've found freechildmindingresources.co.uk and there are templates for contracts on there...free of charge. Can anyone think of a reason I should purchase paperwork through MM rather than using the free ones?

I appreciate any and all advice!

-April xx

hectors house
10-06-2013, 03:07 PM
I am with MM for liability insurance now but still using up my NCMA old contracts as like you say MM doesn't mind whose contracts you use. When I run out of old ones I am going to ask other childminders if I can look at their MM contracts to see if I like them before I order them as I am kind of used to the NCMA ones now after so many years. I do still use the NCMA register though and will prob get someone to order me one when I need another one, as they are expensive enough with the discount, let alone without! (With 7 part time mindees I get through registers quickly)!

blue bear
10-06-2013, 04:59 PM
I use mm contracts after years of ncma ones I find the mm more detailed. Nothing wrong with writing your own as long as the cover everything and would stand up to a court case.

Registers I just made up a table and printed off myself. I have been using mm accident sheets but am going to just get each child an exercise book when the sheets run out.

Mouse
10-06-2013, 05:12 PM
I think I would look at some 'professional' contracts and see how they compare to the free ones.

Personally, for a newly registered childminder, I would probably suggest they buy one packet of MM or NCMA ones to get started, then look at doing their own once those have run out.

CookieCutter
10-06-2013, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the replies, they have helped me make up my mind. I'll order some contracts from MM to start, then possibly make my own if I feel confident.