PDA

View Full Version : London Fee's

unalindura77
10-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Hello All,

I was told at my briefing session that the fee's are around 5-8 an hour for my area of London. However I've looked on local council website and 8 and 9 per hour seems to be the norm!

Does this sound about right? For Londoners in a nice area?

Thanks

moggy
10-06-2013, 12:56 PM
Hello All,

I was told at my briefing session that the fee's are around 5-8 an hour for my area of London. However I've looked on local council website and 8 and 9 per hour seems to be the norm!

Does this sound about right? For Londoners in a nice area?

Thanks

Remember fees don't mean much unless you know what is included- food (and what quality- organic? or Tesco cheapest?) nappies/wipes? trips out? unsocial hours?

I would ask around locally, these things can vary across just a short geographical distance. Do you know some local CMers to ask? Look for CMers local ads or CMers own descriptions on local Family Information childcare website etc. I would not take much notice of LA's generalised comments as they do not always know what is happening 'on the ground' day to day.

Velleity
10-06-2013, 01:00 PM
In High Barnet the average is £6p/h.

jackie 7
10-06-2013, 01:17 PM
I left Kensel rise 2 years ago. I charged £7.50 an hour and many others were the same. I include meals but not nappies.

The Juggler
10-06-2013, 01:23 PM
I live in London, we charge 4.50-5.50 here but not central -we are in the burbs :)

unalindura77
10-06-2013, 01:54 PM
I live in London, we charge 4.50-5.50 here but not central -we are in the burbs :)

Thanks guys

I say this as I googled this question and got some not very nice threads about how much childminders could potentially earn if they had say 4 - 6 children and how unfair that is on other working parents. Made me think twice about what I am planning to charge!

I am planning to include all meals, snacks and wipes but not nappies or formula milk.

I suppose what I aim for is less children and not to use up full capacity (if possible) and most parents in my area seem to want 1-3 days per week anyway.

The Juggler
10-06-2013, 04:47 PM
Thanks guys

I say this as I googled this question and got some not very nice threads about how much childminders could potentially earn if they had say 4 - 6 children and how unfair that is on other working parents. Made me think twice about what I am planning to charge!

I am planning to include all meals, snacks and wipes but not nappies or formula milk.

I suppose what I aim for is less children and not to use up full capacity (if possible) and most parents in my area seem to want 1-3 days per week anyway.

where in London are you. If you have 4-6 kids you will have a lot of expenses! You might make that but it won't be what your personal earnings are. If those threads you read are on netmums - ignore them - they generally don't like minders very much over there :laughing:

unalindura77
10-06-2013, 04:58 PM
Thanks, I'm not planning on minding my full capacity if I can escape it! I think I'd be biting off more than I can chew.

Yep - the threads are on netmums and mumsnet. How did you guess? :eek:

Ah well, hopefully with 2 or 3 I'll be fine.

unalindura77
10-06-2013, 04:59 PM
I'm in Clapham

bindy
10-06-2013, 05:02 PM
I lived central London, around £8 per hour at the time, even though some did charge around £10. Other areas of London charge as little as £4.50, less than I charge in Hertfordshire.

unalindura77
10-06-2013, 05:06 PM
I live in a wealthy part of London, most parents expect to be charged around 8 too.

My registered friend lives in Surrey and charges 6 but says I should charge more than this.....

bindy
10-06-2013, 05:25 PM
I live in a wealthy part of London, most parents expect to be charged around 8 too.

My registered friend lives in Surrey and charges 6 but says I should charge more than this.....

Yes, if I lived back in central London £8/9 per hour

supermumy
10-06-2013, 05:58 PM
I'm in Clapham

I'm in herne hill and charge £6 hour or a daily rate of £55

supermumy
10-06-2013, 05:59 PM
I'm in herne hill and charge £6 hour or a daily rate of £55
But know some cm that charge 320 for the wk!

The Juggler
10-06-2013, 08:10 PM
I'm in Clapham

i'm guessing def. £7/hour plus up that way. I know in Wimbledon it's nearer £8

rickysmiths
10-06-2013, 11:42 PM
But know some cm that charge 320 for the wk!

That may seem a lot but their Mortgage is prob well above the average or their rent for starters. Council Tax and Water charges are often higher as well. So they have to charge more just to meet their basic costs than a lot of us do.

I am in a wealthy part of Herts just inside the M25 and rates are creeping up to £5.50-£6.50ph but it is even more a few miles away.

donna porter
11-06-2013, 05:20 AM
Jeez! Where I live In Northern Ireland I charge £3 per hour or £25 for a full day!!! Amazing lol

unalindura77
11-06-2013, 08:23 AM
Good point about the rent/mortgage and bills, the gas and electricity used at home is to be considered too! Oh and the council tax like you mention.

Donna - I think that price is what some people expect here in London too but things have really escalated and childminders charge as much as nursery's here now, because they provide the same if not better service with less children.

It makes such a difference to fee's the location!

supermumy
11-06-2013, 01:17 PM
That may seem a lot but their Mortgage is prob well above the average or their rent for starters. Council Tax and Water charges are often higher as well. So they have to charge more just to meet their basic costs than a lot of us do.

I am in a wealthy part of Herts just inside the M25 and rates are creeping up to £5.50-£6.50ph but it is even more a few miles away.

That is a very good point and I have been told I charge less then most at £6 a hr maybe I need to hunk about a rise haha