PDA

View Full Version : Free spaces for 3-4 year olds?

sarahbuy
09-06-2013, 09:41 PM
I'm hoping someone can help me. I've had a parent book their daughter in to start this coming Thursday. Once all the contract was done and everything was agreed, she called me to ask what information I need so that she can claim the free 15 hours per week for her daughter. I've not come across this before so I don't know how I go about offering the free hours to her but still getting paid for my time?

Any advice would be appreciated-thank you :)

blue bear
10-06-2013, 08:38 AM
It will depend where you live areas have different criteria for accessing the free 15 hours education entitlement. Contact your local developemnt worker/support worker at the local council for specific advise where you are.

Also google more great childcare the proposal in that is that all childminders with a good it outstanding grade will be able to a des this funding come September with out local council hoops. This is still a proposal and no guarantee it will go through.

bunyip
10-06-2013, 10:01 AM
Don't make any commitments about free care until you've checked it out and are sure you can apply. The process can be very involved in some areas - my LA doesn't even have a system for new applicants as yet. :(

CLL
10-06-2013, 10:06 AM
also you have not stated the age of the child. I am assuming she is 3 but the funding does not start until the term after their third birthday. In our LA it takes a long while to become registered and there are many hoops to jump through. Also the parent does not apply for any funding. Once you are accredited you apply for that child and the money comes to you direct. It is often lower than the average childminder rate so be careful what you say you will commit to as you might be out of pocket as you can not charge a top up fee.

JCrakers
10-06-2013, 10:07 AM
Yes, each LA is different. My process took about 4months.

I had an inspection, a rating, had to do a business plan, go on a 2hr course, had to have an ofsted good or over and be level 3 qualified.

Ring and ask as some LA's are stricter than others :)