PDA

View Full Version : SAFETY WARNING- OUTDOOR MIRRORS

miss mopple
09-06-2013, 09:39 PM
If you, like me have child safe outside mirrors please look to check they are safely positioned now the sun has joined us. Had it not been for my 13yr old noticing yesterday that my deck had embers and was smoking I dread to thing how much damage could have been caused by fire- the sun was shining on a child friendly acrylic mirror on my fence.

I know they look lovely, but they can be dangerous in the summer months so do be careful x

MessybutHappy
10-06-2013, 05:51 AM
Goodness, you were lucky, clever 13 yo! That's one to add to the RA, thank you so much for sharing.

blue bear
10-06-2013, 06:34 AM
Thank you, how scary:panic:

Rick
10-06-2013, 07:03 AM
Thanks for that. I had magnifying glasses out the other day and the children weren't always looking down at things so I had to be aware about the sun, looking at it and focussing the rays onto themselves

cherry
10-06-2013, 07:23 AM
We had a big house fire in the next village last month due to sunlight on a bottle left outside

hectors house
10-06-2013, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the warning - I haven't got any outdoor mirrors but have been looking for some. I remember when I was a child that the sun shining through the glass round goldfish bowl made a black burn mark on the back of my mums best oak dresser - she still has the dresser but the goldfish is long gone!