PDA

View Full Version : Cameron will promote Tory stars in next month reshuffle

Simona
09-06-2013, 01:02 PM
...and Liz Truss will be in line according to the Telegraph...but where will she go??

David Cameron to promote Tory stars of 2010 in reshuffle - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/10108262/David-Cameron-to-promote-Tory-stars-of-2010-in-reshuffle.html)

Rick
09-06-2013, 02:25 PM
...and Liz Truss will be in line according to the Telegraph...but where will she go??

David Cameron to promote Tory stars of 2010 in reshuffle - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/10108262/David-Cameron-to-promote-Tory-stars-of-2010-in-reshuffle.html)

Well she really deserves it....she's doing a sterling job so far :angry:

shortstuff
09-06-2013, 04:00 PM
she is definately worth every penny of our hard earned taxes, yay David Cameron :panic:

Simona
09-06-2013, 05:24 PM
Someone on twitter suggested Minister for Transport!
with a one way ticket to France??
Sad really... and the Labour bench have called the Education ministerial team to the House of Commons on Tuesday for ratio confirmation as they have disappeared since the announcement!!!

wendywu
09-06-2013, 05:36 PM
I know where I would like her to go :laughing::clapping:

sarah707
09-06-2013, 05:48 PM
I am sure she would do very well in Work and Pensions :D

bunyip
09-06-2013, 08:21 PM
She gets my vote for 'Special Envoy to Syria', with a huge target painted on her forehead. :D

The Juggler
09-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Someone on twitter suggested Minister for Transport!
with a one way ticket to France??
Sad really... and the Labour bench have called the Education ministerial team to the House of Commons on Tuesday for ratio confirmation as they have disappeared since the announcement!!!

:laughing::laughing::laughing: oh I'd love to banish her and never let her come back - are banishments still allowed :cool:

WibbleWobble
09-06-2013, 08:59 PM
You are all barking up the wrong tree....the way to get rid of her is to either

A land a house in her

B throw water on her

Simples.....

Wibblefollowtheyellowbrickroadwobble x

Stapleton83
09-06-2013, 09:07 PM
As he thinks she is such a star perhaps he can catapult her up into the solar system out of our way!

I think the things she has proposed are not about better childcare more about self-promotion - grr

Sam x

Simona
09-06-2013, 09:11 PM
Self promotion...that is why she is going to be promoted then?? hope Gove is not moved and she gets Education dept all to herself..God forbid!!

Stapleton83
09-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Simona,

That does not even bear thinking about she will go power crazy ... not that she hasn't already.

Sam x

Simona
09-06-2013, 09:38 PM
In Tories' eyes she is very brave pushing for much needed reforms...or so they think in their delusion!
Can't wait to see how she responds on Tuesday to being called to the HoC to account for the ratio Uturn
I shall be glued to Parliament TV...keep tuned to the forum!

bunyip
10-06-2013, 09:53 AM
:laughing::laughing::laughing: oh I'd love to banish her and never let her come back - are banishments still allowed :cool:

Juggler, this only happens in fairy tales in the Land of Make-believe.....

.....coincidentally, that seems to be where Truss does her "research". :p

But in the Real World, ministers appear to spend their political careers writing legislation that's going to make money for whatever huge company they eventually sign up for as a consultant/director. So I fully expect Truss to end up 'working' for a company with a chain of nurseries and childcare agencies. The actual provision would be low-cost, high profit, with the odd child going missing every now and then - which I suppose makes Group4 the front-runner? :p

Simona
10-06-2013, 10:41 AM
Bunyip ..your sarcasm is refreshing and as usual you make me laugh which is much needed at present
Can you imagine the backlash if she declared where her money was coming from and it was from childcare establishments at the expense of the very cms she so often praises?

smartbear
10-06-2013, 11:02 AM
Moving her up & out of the way after the ratios disaster :clapping: - but who will we get next??

Simona
10-06-2013, 11:14 AM
The article 'speculates' on her promotion not on her being 'moved'...Cameron needs to match Labour with the women MPs in charge of depts...not long to wait until we know!

sarah707
10-06-2013, 09:04 PM
Childcare.co.uk facebook page is asking the question 'should Ms Truss resign?'

It currently has 1664 'likes' after only a few hours of being live!

I think that says it all really doesn't it :rolleyes: :D

The Juggler
10-06-2013, 09:07 PM
Juggler, this only happens in fairy tales in the Land of Make-believe.....

.....coincidentally, that seems to be where Truss does her "research". :p

But in the Real World, ministers appear to spend their political careers writing legislation that's going to make money for whatever huge company they eventually sign up for as a consultant/director. So I fully expect Truss to end up 'working' for a company with a chain of nurseries and childcare agencies. The actual provision would be low-cost, high profit, with the odd child going missing every now and then - which I suppose makes Group4 the front-runner? :p

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

bunyip
11-06-2013, 06:02 AM
Moving her up & out of the way after the ratios disaster :clapping: - but who will we get next??

"Moving up" sounds like she might be replacing Gove. Maybe they've built a new Death Star for him to run? :rolleyes:

FussyElmo
11-06-2013, 06:42 AM
"Moving up" sounds like she might be replacing Gove. Maybe they've built a new Death Star for him to run? :rolleyes:

The only thing is if they separate the dark sith lords there will be 2 more apprentices. Always work in 2 :panic::panic::panic:

<<<hiding now with my star wars geekiness>>>

jackie 7
11-06-2013, 07:24 AM
Now she has exams in her eyes. Teachers are in for it now.

Simona
11-06-2013, 07:38 AM
What I believe should be asked is that if she remains at the DfE we have a Minister for Children entirely focussed on us...education can be left to Gove to mess up

Well... both could be moved elsewhere as far as I am concerned but with all the reforms both in early years and education it is obvious she is buckling under the workload and making some serious mistakes and honestly unable to engage positively with the sector...her politics are truly divisive, I don't ever remember such confusion and anger in our sector!

zippy
11-06-2013, 10:05 PM
Eeee crikey what's she going to mess up now