PDA

View Full Version : Umbrella stroller and buggy board

Samcat
09-06-2013, 10:34 AM
I've just bought a Zeta Vooom single stroller and when I attached my buggy board to it (a nameless generic I bought 2nd hand), found I couldn't fold it up due to the board fixings getting in the way and I couldn't see where else I could put them.
Can anyone recommend a board to use with an umbrella stroller? And if it's a Zeta Vooom that would be even better! :)
Also, is it possible to attach a buggy board to a double umbrella stroller?
Thank you!

shortstuff
09-06-2013, 10:43 AM
i have the double umbrella buggy from kiddicare, a bargain at £38. I also have their buggy board attached and fold it up, once removing the board itself. The bonus is the buggy fits in the boot of my zafira with all 7 seats in use. It is a very small double buggy and takes the buggy board very nicely.

Samcat
09-06-2013, 10:46 AM
i have the double umbrella buggy from kiddicare, a bargain at £38. I also have their buggy board attached and fold it up, once removing the board itself. The bonus is the buggy fits in the boot of my zafira with all 7 seats in use. It is a very small double buggy and takes the buggy board very nicely.

I've got a Silvercross Pop Duo, so am interested to see if I can put anything on that.

shortstuff
09-06-2013, 10:48 AM
not sure, i havent got one of those, I do have another double but the combination proved too heavy x

amy83
09-06-2013, 11:23 AM
I have a maclaren double side by side wud I get a buggy board on it please x

shortstuff
09-06-2013, 11:27 AM
I have a maclaren double side by side wud I get a buggy board on it please x

Im sure there is probably one that will fit, have you looked at the buggy board manufacturers websites? they usually list the ones that it will fit x

blue bear
09-06-2013, 01:35 PM
I have a 2 step board (litaf) have had it on Mclaren twin triumph, Mclaren single can't remember name much like a triumph but older model.

Also have a buggy board original with metal clips you hook the board into, only had success on single buggies with this one.

Also have a lascal board, had this one on Marco sky tandem, Mclaren single and britax Strolla. This one has flexi straps to attach clips.

What sort of fastenings does your board use?

Tazmin68
09-06-2013, 05:35 PM
I have an obaby umbrella double buggy and have the obaby buggy board and works fine.

Samcat
09-06-2013, 06:30 PM
I've identified my buggy board on a website as an obaby universal one. Just tried it on the Zeta Vooom again in various places, but with no joy. Will try it on the Silvercross double though.

Anacrusis
09-06-2013, 08:03 PM
I've got a Silvercross Pop Duo, so am interested to see if I can put anything on that.

I think I'll get one of these, which buggy board do you have? I've never used a buggy board befor & don't want to get one that doesn't fit!

Samcat
09-06-2013, 08:40 PM
I think I'll get one of these, which buggy board do you have? I've never used a buggy board befor & don't want to get one that doesn't fit!

I'll try it tomorrow and let you know :)

Anacrusis
10-06-2013, 07:23 AM
Thanks Samcat :)

Samcat
11-06-2013, 09:24 AM
Well, I managed to attach the obaby buggy board to the Silvercross Pop Duo last night. It fits (just), but don't know how hard it would be to push once fully loaded with children. I could just about fold it down, but didn't want to force it to clip it together on both sides, so didn't seem ideal.
The fixings for this board seem to be very bulky. Are there smaller fixings on other makes of board?
I emailed Lascal re their board as the Zeta Vooom wasn't on their list of compatible strollers. They said they hadn't tried their boards out on this, but they googled the Vooom thought the Maxi and Midi 'should' fit, but couldn't guarantee it.
Maybe I need to go into a shop and actually try one on it?