PDA

View Full Version : DHC Unit 5, hhhhheeeeellllpppp!!! please

lizzymoonshine
06-07-2008, 10:00 PM
:)

Hi doing A B C and D of the DHC, Unit 5, mega stuck, not sure if its my brain shutting down, just wondered if any one could steer me in the right direction.

sarah707
07-07-2008, 06:27 AM
What are the questions? :D

lizzymoonshine
07-07-2008, 06:53 AM
well just wondered if anyone could define schemas and scaffolding learning? :(

sarah707
07-07-2008, 07:03 AM
Sent a pm ... my fave schemas website exeter.gov isn't working this morning -

Maybe try it later :D

Kaz1997
17-05-2009, 11:00 PM
well just wondered if anyone could define schemas and scaffolding learning? :(

I would also appreciate a little help on this one... lol
Think I understand Schemas just need to get head around scaffolding.

Thanks in advance.

Kaz x

youarewhatyoueat
18-05-2009, 12:55 PM
You need to be looking at the theorists jean piagot for schemas and Lev Vygotsky for scaffolding google them and a whole load of info should come up

The Juggler
18-05-2009, 03:42 PM
yes, Bruner too. It's all about supported learning (adults and peers). There is a great book on Schemas, Cathy Nutbrown, Threads of Thinking.

kirstiemwg
19-05-2009, 07:53 PM
can someone help me with the curriculum/framework? im totally stuck here! thanks x

The Juggler
21-05-2009, 11:37 AM
can someone help me with the curriculum/framework? im totally stuck here! thanks x

just link your planning to areas of the EYFS that link to scaffolding and peer supporting learning. So anywhere where you might see adult involvement/sustained shared thinking or think that it might be needed or anywhere group/social play is mentioned.

Schemas would relate to any parts of the EYFS that talk about the child's interests. Schemas usually mean children will engage far more in activities or self-chosen learning and will engage for longer. This not only helps their learning in the at activity but supports their PSED as it shows them you're interested in what they are interested in, you value and are allowing them their choices. Encouraging them to learn in their own way encourages positive learning dispositions and supports their motivation to explore and learn independently. All link to supporting every child matters outcomes.

Hope that helps. If too garbled, PM me, happy to chat.

LOL