PDA

View Full Version : Please help,am I looking in to this question to much, preparing for your registration

ds2602
08-06-2013, 05:56 PM
For each of the seven areas of learning and development, give an example of play activity for a very young child and a four year old that would support their learning and development.
I'm sure the inspector said that I needed to pick one activity and say how I would adapt it to suit both ages. But a very young child is mainly the 3 prime areas, right? So how can I then fit all 7 in? Someone mentioned to me to choose a painting activity.
Anyone got any ideas?
Any ideas/advice greatly appreciated.

moggy
08-06-2013, 07:53 PM
For each of the seven areas of learning and development, give an example of play activity for a very young child and a four year old that would support their learning and development.
I'm sure the inspector said that I needed to pick one activity and say how I would adapt it to suit both ages. But a very young child is mainly the 3 prime areas, right? So how can I then fit all 7 in? Someone mentioned to me to choose a painting activity.
Anyone got any ideas?
Any ideas/advice greatly appreciated.

Yes, 'very young' might mean under 3 so not a focus on the specific areas but still can enjoy and learn from all the 7 areas. A toddler can use paint and move to music (EAD), listen to stories and interact with books (L), have fun with shapes and fitting things together (M), explore the world around them (UW).

I'd do it like this, they are not looking for all 7 areas in one activity:

UW: 4 year old activity- nature walk collecting seasonal materials to investigate and talk about textures
UW: 1 year old activity- treasure basket of natural materials with interesting textures and shapes.

PD: 4 yo activity- ...
PD: 1 year old activity... and so on.

They just want to see you understand the 7 areas and understand that a 4 year old can do different things to a very young child.

coxeypea
21-09-2013, 09:09 PM
Hi I am also trying to gather some information on how to answer this question also, I feel totally stuck on it any advice would be appreciated.:)

blue bear
22-09-2013, 08:06 AM
Use the development matters, psed look ate age bracket, go to far right hand column and find an activity
Do this for each age group for each area of learning, one for the younger chikd and one for the older.