PDA

View Full Version : Risk assessing for pre reg

adedwards68
08-06-2013, 08:58 AM
Quick questions can I do risk assessments for my pre reg visit example- use stair gates, remove wine bottles from rack etc when and where I would need to or do I actually have to have those things on place

moggy
08-06-2013, 04:52 PM
Quick questions can I do risk assessments for my pre reg visit example- use stair gates, remove wine bottles from rack etc when and where I would need to or do I actually have to have those things on place

You do not have to have everything done for the pre-reg visit but need to be able to say what you would do if caring for a child of xx age- for example if you care for a 6 year old stair gates are not needed, nor for a tiny baby, but for a 2 year old you would. You need to know what you need to do to keep whatever age/stage safe and be able to talk about it.

If it helps you to make written risk assessments per room then do that and you can refer to it during the visit.

sarah707
08-06-2013, 08:03 PM
I would use the pre-reg as a test run ... if it was me! I would get everything ready for the inspector to show that I was intending to run a professional business once registered.

I am sure the pre-reg will go well whatever you decide. don't forget to keep us updated :D