PDA

View Full Version : possible to bypass level 3 and go straight for the level4?

Donkey
06-07-2008, 09:34 PM
I know I am trying to run before I can walk, but do you have to do the nvq level 3 before you can do the degree.

I have a-levels which are level 3 qualifications in biology and chemistry. Or would I need the background in childcare qualifications first???

sorry lots of q's tonight, but I am trying to forward plan :):eek:

tulip0803
06-07-2008, 11:26 PM
I think it depends on who you do the course with and which course. I have just done a level 4 course without a level 3 (I have 1 A level 20 years ago and the Cache CCP). One of the others had only 2 CSE exams from 30 years ago, she struggled but has passed.

I think you would have to look at the course and then ask the supplier.

Kelly
08-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Julia

If you have the CCP then surely you have your level 3?

I personally would have struggled to do my level 4 without doing a level 3 first.

Kelly

bluestar
08-07-2008, 12:42 PM
I'm doing my level 4 and am struggling!!
Although I have kept up to date with relevent tarining courses my last proper studying was i 1985!! So Im finding it pretty tricky - mind you I'm determined to do it:)

sarah707
08-07-2008, 12:47 PM
I think a good grounding in childcare related stuff is useful before starting a level 4 ...

You might find you won't get funding to go straight to 4 either ... they told me, even with a level 7 from donkeys years ago, I had to do a 3 first.

Why not ring your training dept and see what they say? :D

Donkey
08-07-2008, 03:18 PM
good plan, think as i've not got any childcare qualifications as such that I am going to do a level 3 first. just need to get funding :S

thanks for the advice everyone

tulip0803
08-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Julia

If you have the CCP then surely you have your level 3?

I personally would have struggled to do my level 4 without doing a level 3 first.

Kelly

Yup like the A level but it is childminding specific not a general early years/child care NVQ, there are some places that do not view the CCP as an NVQ equivilant. Like I said one on our course only had CSEs and she struggled but passed - she only did it as it was funded by the Welsh Assembly and the level 3 wasn't.

Donkey
09-07-2008, 06:25 PM
spoke with someone in early years development and they are sending me the paper work for the enrolment/application of the NVQ level 3.

fingers crossed I get the funding and means I'll be starting in September :clapping: