PDA

View Full Version : Advertising ideas?

kayla2012
07-06-2013, 06:18 PM
Hey guys,

I have recently completed my registration and am ready to start taking children. I was wondering if anyone could give me any good ideas for advertising my business? Any shops that will do it or websites? Have got childcare.co.uk and have put a poster up on my local school notice board. Thanks in advance

X

Rick
08-06-2013, 05:36 AM
Hi

I wrote this in another post but answers your question.

The main aim is to get noticed and get known in the local community; probably most important for me being an independent male childminder.

Number one way is to get to toddler groups as often as you can and get to know parents in your area. If you don't have children of your own (I.e. no one to go with) then there's nothing stopping you popping along and handing out cards and chatting to parents.

Advertise on local websites, mine is called Bath Mums and childcare.co.uk as well. Net mums as well. See if Facebook has a local page to advertise for free. Type 'childminder' into google and try and get yourself onto as many website on the first page. A lot of parents will try this!

Get chatting on forums like this one. I posted on my local website, Bath Mums about perceptions of male childminders; it was all very positive and by the end people had gone from being wary to it being a good thing and have now got an enquiry from it. There may be a classifieds section on there for people to advertise for a childminder or you to advertise yourself. This post went so well, the editor asked me to write an article for the website about why I decided to become a childminder. This was emailed to 2300 people in Bath. How's that for advertising!

Get to local childminding groups. I have found childminders are very welcoming and willing to hand over enquiries which are no good for them. I first started going to a childminding group even though I only had my son and no mindees. You can go so long as you're registered.

As I say, the key is to get noticed. I've had lots of people see me out with my mindees and people have asked if I'm the independent male childminder (I'm the only one in the region). That was all because I took the time to write a post and then an article.

Word of mouth is important. The parents of the sisters I mind are so pleased with what I'm doing that she has recommended me to her neighbour who needs childcare

It may take some time so don't get despondent if it doesn't happen instantly

Hope this helps