PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Reg visits

unalindura77
07-06-2013, 01:45 PM
How long did yours take?

By that I mean how long were they at your home for?

Really curious!

Rick
07-06-2013, 02:46 PM
Probably an hour and a half. The waiting is the worst part, just try and make sure you have answered the questions in the Ofsted booklet and be able to answer them in the inspection.

shortstuff
07-06-2013, 03:47 PM
mine was about 1 1/2 to 2 hours too. The pre reg visit is ok, the anticipation is definately the worst part

When is yours due?

SammySplodger
07-06-2013, 04:18 PM
Same here 1 1/2 hours, was ok, much less scary than a graded inspection. In fact, not really scary at all... My pre-reg Mrs O was actually quite nice and helpful.

Fill in pre-reg questionnaire
Have a good basic knowledge of the EYFS
Do all your RAs
Have some Policies to show (but you don't need all of them, just do the basic / required ones)
Make sure your house is safe and reasonably clean & tidy

You don't need to buy all your resources, toys & equipment - but have an idea of what you might need. Maybe some catalogues and a shopping list. Unless you have parents waiting, it's impossible to know exactly what to buy until you know the ages you are going to be looking after.

unalindura77
07-06-2013, 04:43 PM
Hi there

I am unsure as to when it will be as they rang me to say that as soon as I send back the health declaration they would be in touch. Sending that next week as it's all completed.....we'll see!

unalindura77
07-06-2013, 04:45 PM
MANY THANKS for your experiences, I was imagining myself with my nose stuck in the EYFS framework and questionnaire mumbling for hours

Thanks too for the advice...I'll have it all ready!:laughing:

kimmy79
07-06-2013, 09:33 PM
i had mine a couple of days ago and she was here for 3 hours x

tinker-bell-123
07-06-2013, 10:01 PM
i had mine a couple of days ago and she was here for 3 hours x

God you all seem really lucky, I had mine last Friday and she was with me for 4 hours 45 mins. Didn't seem too bad at the time lots of helpful info and tips went through everything, but boy did I have a headache when she left.
The actual looking around the house probably took 5-10 mins as our setting is already registered and I'm just trying to be a registered childminder instead of an assistant, so not really anything to check.

SammySplodger
09-06-2013, 09:32 AM
God you all seem really lucky, I had mine last Friday and she was with me for 4 hours 45 mins. Didn't seem too bad at the time lots of helpful info and tips went through everything, but boy did I have a headache when she left.
The actual looking around the house probably took 5-10 mins as our setting is already registered and I'm just trying to be a registered childminder instead of an assistant, so not really anything to check.

I wonder why Ofsted are so inconsistent with length of their inspections? It doesn't seem fair. Surely they are working with the same checklist? I can understand a difference of 30/45 minutes, but not hours... :-/ It seems to be the same with graded inspections.

unalindura77
30-07-2013, 08:18 PM
I wonder why Ofsted are so inconsistent with length of their inspections? It doesn't seem fair. Surely they are working with the same checklist? I can understand a difference of 30/45 minutes, but not hours... :-/ It seems to be the same with graded inspections.

I have my inspection on Monday and if I thought the inspector would be here for 4hrs 45 mins I would die of a stress induced heart attack. That seems tooo much. Our LA rep said the longer they take is due to the fact they see you as potentially outstanding but this is the graded inspections. Please Lord let mine be 2 hour maximum.

Natalierose
31-07-2013, 08:02 PM
I have my registration visit on Wednesday. Will I be told at the inspection if I will be registered or not?
Nat x

Tms
31-07-2013, 09:07 PM
Nat, mine took 4,5 hours and all she said was she had no concerns and would be recommending me but could not 100 percent say yes as her report has to go back to Ofsted to double check all and I would get either confirm cert or rejection letter in due course from Ofsted, from pre reg to getting cert mine took 3 weeks before I get good news. If any help first parent interview was way scarier than Ofsted pre reg visit

amelia lilly
01-08-2013, 04:59 PM
Nat, mine took 4,5 hours and all she said was she had no concerns and would be recommending me but could not 100 percent say yes as her report has to go back to Ofsted to double check all and I would get either confirm cert or rejection letter in due course from Ofsted, from pre reg to getting cert mine took 3 weeks before I get good news. If any help first parent interview was way scarier than Ofsted pre reg visit

when I had mine she was there for 4 hours x

unalindura77
02-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Don't they get hungry being there for 4 to 5 hours? Mine is coming at 10 so hopefully will be ready for lunch at 12...unless they have lunch at your house? Oh God please don't tell me they actually do!!!!!:panic::panic::panic:

Bumble Beez
02-08-2013, 03:49 PM
Don't they get hungry being there for 4 to 5 hours? Mine is coming at 10 so hopefully will be ready for lunch at 12...unless they have lunch at your house? Oh God please don't tell me they actually do!!!!!:panic::panic::panic:

I sent my last inspector out for lunch...she arrived at 9:20...I kicked her out for lunch in peace at 12:15ish and she came back at 1pm...and then left at 2:40...I have never had one stay that long before :rolleyes:

Sarah x

charlottenash
02-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Mine was one and a half hours, I don't want to complain too much, but she didn't even check my safety eg windows etc. didn't go in my garden, didn't check for alcohol or fridge temp chart. Just chatted for an hour, read through my folders and off she went.

unalindura77
03-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Mine was one and a half hours, I don't want to complain too much, but she didn't even check my safety eg windows etc. didn't go in my garden, didn't check for alcohol or fridge temp chart. Just chatted for an hour, read through my folders and off she went.

Sarah that sounds nightmarish!! I would love an inspection like Charlotte's.....fingers crossed:thumbsup: