PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference between weekly individual weekly plan and a play plan?

Taz74
06-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Hello all,

I've just had my first mindee start on Monday and I have her for 41/2 hour 3 days a week. I've done initial observations and have highlighted areas that she has demonstrated using DM. I'm now stuck on future planning! I've had a look at Sarah's amazing resources and have bought a lot of her e-books (which are fantastic, thank you Sarah!) but am now confused on what to use. I like the weekly individual planning sheet but do I have to do a monthly play plan too? And is the monthly play plan filled in from what I have observed already?

Hope this all makes sense as I'm starting to confuse myself too! Oh and I also got a call from Ofsted saying they'll be in touch in the next few weeks to arrange my 1st inspection!:panic:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rick
06-06-2013, 09:28 PM
You just need to do what method works for you. Don't create more paperwork than you need. I use an adaptation of Sarah's play plan

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/Resources/Play%20plan%20%26%20obs%20-%20forum.pdf

Ofsted will be interested in why you plan an activity for a child, was it following a need, an interest? They aren't that interested in monthly or long term plans, mainly individual plans for each child.

In answer to your question, a play plan and an individual plan are pretty much the same thing :thumbsup:

sarah707
07-06-2013, 07:39 AM
As I say in my e-books, I give you lots of different choices and it's up to you to use / adapt them for your ways of working.

There are hundreds of different ways of doing things - probably thousands - because we all work differently.

I use my play plan for individual EYFS children - and then some group planning sheets for the older children - but you might find that you do things very differently.

Try something - see if it works - tweak it - try again - and don't over think it! As long as you are showing a child is making good progress you are doing it right :D

Taz74
07-06-2013, 01:26 PM
Thank you so much ladies for your responses. I think I may have panicked and started to over think things. Your support is invaluable, it's so good to know you're not alone in this x

Rick
07-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Thank you so much ladies for your responses. I think I may have panicked and started to over think things. Your support is invaluable, it's so good to know you're not alone in this x

Lady? Ooo eeerr! :laughing: