PDA

View Full Version : I love my job! Do you love yours?

Minstrel
06-06-2013, 04:24 PM
I've had a really tough few months with not enjoying it and couldn't see how things could change. Lots of the advice on here was to wait until the weather changed and guess what?

...they were right. I've had a wonderful week, the children are behaving, the garden is looking lovely, I have lovely local cm friends, I'm earning good money... I just feel so much better.

And Nick Clegg just topped it off yesterday!

So tell me what you are loving at the moment? :)

sarah707
06-06-2013, 04:43 PM
We had a lovely afternoon in the garden. The big ones were washing the little house and the garden toys and the little one was splashing in the water.

Everyone was laughing and happy - uniforms got wet - baby was soaking - we had the most wonderful time!

I love my job too Minstrel :D

Twinkling Stars
06-06-2013, 04:43 PM
The weather makes it easier. I love the freedom to plan my own days. This week we have been to some lovely parks and the farm! What other job would do that! :-)

VeggieSausage
06-06-2013, 04:54 PM
Had a picnic in the park today, met up with other minders who are great company, happy children......free to choose what I do for the day andthe sunshine is much needed....happy days....

Rick
06-06-2013, 05:06 PM
I've had a really nice day today. 3yo mindee who has been a bit difficult recently was an angel :littleangel: today. The half hour earlier drop off and pick up is working nicely too. I can now go and help set up play groups and get an earlier finish :clapping:

Petshrinklj
06-06-2013, 05:17 PM
Thank you for this post. I keep having my doubts as to whether I should keep going with my registration as there are as ive read a few psts lately that make me wonder if I could hack it. It's great to know it can be enjoyable. :)

maisiemog
06-06-2013, 06:13 PM
Another lovely day here today. One of my mindees left and I had the loveliest of cards from the mum, makes me feel I am doing a good job! And then one of my other mindees today told me that she loved me and coming to my house and was sad that for the next two weeks she wouldn't be coming!

I had also been seriously down about minding and considering quitting but the last few weeks I've got all my enthusiasm back and love my job again!!!!

Tinkerbell1979
06-06-2013, 06:17 PM
We've had a lovely day. Went to playgroup this morning, home for lunch/nap time, went to the park after school pick up then came home and played in garden until pick up.

Love my job, even mindees mum said how lovely it is her daughter has such fun and fresh air in the sun whilst she's stuck in an office :-)

greanan
06-06-2013, 06:47 PM
A run of good weather really improves my mood and makes me realise how much I love my job!! The kids have been so well behaved all week and have been happy to potter about outside all day and be about the parks

lynncjt
06-06-2013, 07:12 PM
If you'd asked yesterday the answer would have been 'maybe' as I was due my first inspection today...

The answer today is YES! I seemed to be doing everything right for the inspector and we had a lovely afternoon in the park and the back garden, and no one wanted to go home!

angeldelight
06-06-2013, 07:21 PM
I've had a really tough few months with not enjoying it and couldn't see how things could change. Lots of the advice on here was to wait until the weather changed and guess what?

...they were right. I've had a wonderful week, the children are behaving, the garden is looking lovely, I have lovely local cm friends, I'm earning good money... I just feel so much better.

And Nick Clegg just topped it off yesterday!

So tell me what you are loving at the moment? :)

Sounds like you had a great day

I have had a good week for once with mine ... I think the weather helps though

Angel xx

loocyloo
06-06-2013, 07:26 PM
YES!

the weather is helping as everyone seems happier and brighter!

we've been able to be out and about exploring without getting cold or wet and its soooo much more fun!

toddlers896
06-06-2013, 09:01 PM
I can't believe the difference a few changes can make. I was really starting to dislike my job as there was no enjoyment in it anymore due to stressing and running around after two year olds.after reducing my numbers to two I am now absolutely loving my job. I am so happy and I can give all my time to just the two and they are also very happy. I also love meeting with my cm friends and just can't ask for anymore really. Also the sun is shining here too yipee

The Juggler
06-06-2013, 09:29 PM
glad you are feeling better honey. I have had such a lovely week - chilling in the garden and sunshine but so much learning going on - snail races, feeding our tadpoles, watching our butterflies hatch and letting them go, lots of water and sand play (mud pies :clapping::clapping), watering the veggies - I LOVE summer and summer weather :clapping:

feeling a bit sad this week about all my mindees going - they have all been visiting new minders this week - feels very strange :(