PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for visit call

Karen1
06-06-2013, 12:52 PM
Just got off phone from chasing social services checks,that have been so long anyway all back. They will allocate visit today and will get call. Man on phone said it prob will be in next week or so. After waiting so long now it feels really scary
. Could actually be happening.

Anyone have any tips? Should I have my own child here he's three! Or arrange care for him! Really want the phone to ring now.

Anyone else in same boat.-off to clean and sort.

K

CLL
06-06-2013, 01:10 PM
Personally I would get him looked after as it is a lot of adult talk and not very exciting for lo.

sing-low
06-06-2013, 01:13 PM
I decided to have my DH look after my DD (aged 2) during my visit as I didn't know how long it would take and I knew I'd need to concentrate on it.

alex1604
06-06-2013, 01:17 PM
I had my 18 month old with me, the inspector actually said it was good to see how I interacted with him and just watching us answered some questions for her...

benandjerrys
06-06-2013, 10:12 PM
ME!!! Im in the same boat lol I rang Ofsted on Tuesday and they said prospect will ring within 2 days to arrange a visit, not had the call yet! Iv still got loads to do but I work better under pressure..soo exciting x

Karen1
07-06-2013, 10:05 AM
Hi emmalite.

I know it is really exciting. 12 weeks of form sending and waiting. I really hope they ring soon and let me know. I am trying to get things sorted. Got new bed last week and still have the old mattress stuck in bedroom- really got to gert OH to move it!
I have just been going through all my paperwork and making sure everything is printed out and sorted.
When they call I will give the place a massive clean.

Also need to ensure that all the toys etc are cleaned and sorted.

So excited that it could finally be happening, but really nervous too. what kind of questions they will ask etc.

LEt me know when they have rang etc, we can support each other through this. I have to go into my sons School later as helping with reading adn dont want to miss the call, may just keep it on vibate...hopefully next week, week 13 will be or lucky week.
k

benandjerrys
09-06-2013, 09:24 PM
Hi Karen, Iv not had the call yet, thought I would of by now. Maybe early this week. Iv jetwashed all my garden, painted the fence and glossed the stairs! Iv done my risk assessments whilst sat in the garden with a glass of wine :laughing: I need to refresh my mind on safeguarding and the 7 areas of learning as I know they will def be asking that! I think that once I get the call I will become neurotic! There are not enough hours in the day...really cannot wait to get started sooo excited! Let me know as soon as u hear anything, I will check the site everyday x

Karen1
10-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Hi. Nothing as yet. Wish the man hadn't said it would be quick as probably won't. Now.

Glass of wine to steady the nerves sounds lovely.

Really need to get started.

Fingers crossed for us both to hear ASAP. K

Karen1
11-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Hi

Any news emmalite?

I had an enquiry this morn for two days a week!

Panicccccccc

Have rang ousted and they gave me the visiting people's number I have rang them, and they said they will get the officer to call and arrange a visit. Fingers crossed it will be soon.

Anyway, panic now. Because my LA said once we were registered in six months they will stamp a form so we can get our childminding contracts etc and public liability paid for with Morton and michel. But could take four weeks to come through. Now I want to get started ASAP, but obviously will need the contracts to fill out. How can I sort this. Not another waiting game, or I may lose a potential minded.!,,,

I have never jumped through so many hoops.

What is the best thing to do?
Have you got your forms etc now or are you waiting.

Nervous wreck. Karen

Karen1
11-06-2013, 03:31 PM
update- the enquiry wants to come for a visit tomorrow afternoon.

OMG. what shall I do/get out etc.
will also have my little boy with me,
should I show all the paperwork etc.
she knows I cant care as yet, but said she is willing to wait

what if she doesn't like me?

oh so nervous and excited too.

any tips. perhaps the Ofsted lady will ring too. hopefully.

benandjerrys
11-06-2013, 05:23 PM
Hi Karen, no still not heard anything its been a week now since I spoke to Ofsted. Im just using each day to get things done. Iv been amending my policies today and am now thinking about creating a welcome pack. Iv still got to put cupboards locks on and do a little bit in the garden. Iv been printing off some free posters today which im going to laminate.

Regarding your enquiry, she knows you haven't started so just show her your policies that you have already got and talk about the eyfs and what your daily routine will be. I think the main thing is building a rapport with her and her child. Let me know how it goes...its getting real now isn't it? Hopefully it wont be too long before Ofsted come out for both of us!

Karen1
12-06-2013, 08:26 AM
Hi

It is definetly getting real now.

I haven't heard back from her to confirm the time she wants to come. really hope she does. not sure if to call her and just remind her- don't want to be too pushy though.

On the up side my place has never been so clean and tidy. I have my three year old home today, so hoping he doesn't make too much mess- lol. then my eldest has two friends over for tea- must be mad, when trying to keep on top of stuff-oh well, life cant stop,

what are you putting in your welcome pack? if you don't mind me asking?

back to the waiting game- Ofsted and enquiry lady-please ring.

Samijanec
12-06-2013, 08:41 AM
I remember waiting forever for the final visits and checks to happen. I thought it would never happen. I had so much interest and even after the visits I still had to wait ages for the registration to be processed. I hope you all don't have too much longer to wait..

benandjerrys
12-06-2013, 11:06 AM
Karen, Hope your lady turns up for you, let us know later. Iv just searched this site for "welcome pack" and am going to copy what others have listed more or less. My whole lounge is surrounded with files and papers. Iv had a headache for 3 days which must be stress. I seem to sit at my laptop but don't really get much done apart from my new laminator which I got out of the box last night. So impressed that I can make my own posters :laughing: This morning I rang Ofsted and they have said details were sent to prospect on the 4th and they have 28 days to have the report sent back so its got to be in the next 7 - 10 days surely. I just keep thinking omg what if they ring tomorrow and want to come out the next day? Im just not ready. Im having sleepless nights...I have made a list of lists.....it just goes on! And to top it off iv just been on childcare.co.uk and seen an advert for someone wanting care at my childs school and as far as I know there is only one other CM there ....im trying to create a profile but its not going well lol :panic:

sarajane25
12-06-2013, 12:51 PM
Hi,

Hope this helps. Ofsted finally came out to see me on april 16, everything went well, and the visit really wasnt as bad as I expected! They mainly wanted to know what my knowledge of the EYFS (areas of dev/learning, how you intend to observe,plan and assess children) is and asked about how intend to keep children healthy and safe. If you have wrote most policies that is really helpful with answering their questions. They had a look around my home but didnt ask many questions and didnt want too see many of the toys I have. As they aware that most toys/resources may not have been bought until you have children to care for.

Then I recieved my certificate within 2 and a half weeks. They do aim to send out the certificate as soon as possible. So am I now regisitered but havent recieved any enquiries yet. Hopefully wont be too long! It is all very exciting and I cannot wait until I have mindee children! I hope your visits go well and that it wont be long until you are registered.

Karen1
12-06-2013, 07:03 PM
Hi

Trying to put kids to bed at seven tonight, crazy noisy house and my mobile goes and it is the inspector. Woo hoo. She is coming next Friday at 9.30 for about three hours and to have the house as if I was expecting a child, with safety locks and all!

Three hours, what can I say for that amount of time. Will have to rush back from dropping the kids off to school. So will have to be extremely organised next fri morn and no leaving the dishes until I get home lol.

Omg. I wasn't going to do all that until I had a child in place, do I have to. Don't want to annoy her, but thought as long as we knew what we had to do etc.

Anyway, glad it is finally happening, emmalita any news?

My enquiry rang to say she was running late and can she come Tuesday. So that's ok, will do another massive clean Monday night, plus gives me a bit of time to put together a bit of a welcome pack. Also can tell her I will be registered soon too.

My head is buzzing with all the things to do.
There is an end though. It will be week 14 next week when she comes.
K

benandjerrys
12-06-2013, 07:58 PM
OMG! Bet u nearly had a heart attack :laughing: When I read your message it dawned on me how close it is and how much Iv got to do :panic: im sure u will be fine and me too when I finally get the call. Iv had a busy day today but not actually got anything done, iv got a new iphone and somehow iv gone 3 hours today with a different phone number? when I realised I thought oh god please don't let Ofsted have rang! Iv sent u a PM

Karen1
13-06-2013, 04:59 PM
I know, I was frantically trying to calm everyone down and be normal on the phone!

Anyway, thanks for your pm- I will text you my number and then it would be brilliant to talk. I am child free tomorrow morning from 9.30 until 12 if you are around.

I have had an odd day like a headless chicken not knowing what to do, or if i have done enough or should i do anymore. She can't expect everything can she.

This is what I have done or got to do:

For parents:
Policies and procedures in a book
Qualifications and references in a book

daily diaries/learning journals (to sort when have children)

For me and ofsted:
book for risk assessments/checklists and any forms
planning book- (nothing there yet!)
folder with files to hold receipts and all ofsted letters and other letters
Folder for childrens info (not yet bought- as unsure what to get- basic folder?)
to do a list of equipment that i have or will get (out of storage) if i have different aged children.

To get:
morton and michel insurance and membership- all forms

To sort:
toy box
pen box
safety catches on doors
put up stair gate into kitchen (this includes trip to parents to get from loft!)

day before and morning of the visit:
clean the place
brush, hoover and mop
all stuff put away tidily
check all wires not on show
pick up cat food (this is what the childminding support woman said!)
find out ID and bills.

Read the ofsted visit booklet

Can you think of anything else, that I have missed or need to do? feel a bit stressed, but feel better that i have written it all down.

How are you getting on emmalita, have you heard yet?

K:p:panic:

benandjerrys
13-06-2013, 09:54 PM
Hi Karen, I will ring u about half nine is after breakfast pots and brew! Lol

Karen1
14-06-2013, 03:49 PM
Hi

It was great chatting this morn, Emmalita. I have been more focused had my lunch out and chatted more childminding, dashed to shop and got folders and organised a childminding support visit for Wednesday. Definitely work better under pressure, got more done today then in the last week.

So now I have

One folder for parents with certificates, crbs, references, policies and procedures. Will show parents this one book, as seems easier to understand.

Folder for each child with sections for eAch of the seven areas to show evidence of them doing it. Section to put my observations and a section for their all about me stuff and development.
I have two folders set up, it's a start and can organise more when needed.

Notebook for daily diary

Folder for me with all receipts, ofsted letters etc

Folder with risk assessments and any rather proformas I have

Folder for planning stuff - to do

To get-and do-
Diary to book children in, phone numbers
Morton and Michael stuff
Clean
Sort toy box
Sort pen box

Sat finish putting together all the folders and print off some documents. Buy laminator.
Sun get safety locks on and safety gate up. Ensure house tidy to keep on top of stuff.
Mon clean and sort toys
Tue parent visit
Wed childminding support visit, read the eyfs booklet and prob not sleep! Clean.
Fri ofsted visit
Frin night bottle of wine!

Can't wait until next fri is over. Hope everyone else is ok. K