PDA

View Full Version : My own child

Mrsh3103
06-06-2013, 11:48 AM
What does everyone do with their own children, learning journals etc.
I'm planning on doing one for my 8month old. Do Ofsted expect this to happen?
I wasn't planning on it being anywhere as advanced as the ones for mindees. Really it's so I get to have a keepsake for in the future. Will ofsted expect the same amount of planning to go into it?
Does anyone have any advice on this?

AliceK
06-06-2013, 12:18 PM
It would be nice to do for your own keepsake if you want to but Ofsted wont be interested in it. They aren't interested in anything to do with our own children other than the space they are taking from our numbers.

xxxx

Mrsh3103
06-06-2013, 12:20 PM
I thought that was the case but wanted to double check.
It would be just my luck that on inspection they mark me down for not having enough!

Rick
06-06-2013, 12:21 PM
Yes I think in practice you won't have time to do your own children as well and you don't have to for Ofsted so it's entirely up to you

moggy
06-06-2013, 12:22 PM
It would be nice to do for your own keepsake if you want to but Ofsted wont be interested in it. They aren't interested in anything to do with our own children other than the space they are taking from our numbers.

xxxx

Agree, Ofsted not interested in you own children, even at my inspection my own son was there and they were only interested in the mindee, hardly acknowledged him at all.

By all means make your own keepsake but it would be nothing to do with childminding or Ofsted.

loocyloo
06-06-2013, 01:12 PM
I used to do a LJ for my dd. It was useful to show to prospective parents. It's also nice to look back on.
I felt that if I was doing observations etc on minded children then in that dd was in my ratios and everyone was treated equally I would do them for dd :-)

munch149
06-06-2013, 01:15 PM
I find I'm mentally doing a Lj for my dd but don't write one up. I'm always noticing things she's doing and thinking ooh that would go in lol

Mrsh3103
06-06-2013, 02:44 PM
Thank you everyone :) I'm going to do one as a keepsake and also so I can show new parents. I'd feel bad if I didn't put the same time & care into my child's development :)

mama2three
06-06-2013, 03:17 PM
I appreciate what youre saying - but I put as much time , care and devotion into my childs development as anyone would. LJs are only of value to show the parents and Ofsted. I am the parent , and Ofsted don't care! Id love to have done more in terms of keepsakes - but in practice I can hardly keep up with the ones I have to do let alone any others!!

Optimalstar
06-06-2013, 03:47 PM
I used to do a LJ for my dd. It was useful to show to prospective parents. It's also nice to look back on.
I felt that if I was doing observations etc on minded children then in that dd was in my ratios and everyone was treated equally I would do them for dd :-)

Me too. I do them for my own two little ones. I was showing my DD hers earlier. She's 3, 4 in August. She quite liked looking at it.

I initially started them to show to prospective parents but then carried on so I could get into the swing of doing them ;)

sarah707
06-06-2013, 05:21 PM
I didn't do a LJ - my 2 are too old - but I did a keepsake / memory book at ages 3 and 7.

They love looking back at them :D