PDA

View Full Version : my son has a chest infection do mindees need to be sent home

noreenismail
06-06-2013, 10:45 AM
My husband took my son to the doctor whi has diagnosed him with a chest infection and given antibiotics.

Do the mindees need to be sent home.

moggy
06-06-2013, 12:33 PM
My husband took my son to the doctor whi has diagnosed him with a chest infection and given antibiotics.

Do the mindees need to be sent home.

If it was me I would 1] look at my son- is he in a bad way and needing 100% care from me? 2] Consider how much contact the other children will have with him, can he be kept upstairs in bed away from others, is he just going to sleep rest of day anyway? 3] I would call parents where practical and explain, let them decide- they may be glad you warned them and take mindee(s) home, or they may say they'll take risk and leave them with you, either way they should be glad you took the time to consider their wishes. Then take it day by day depending on how son is.

noreenismail
06-06-2013, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the advice. I have told the parents. DH is looking after him so im still with the mindees.

JCrakers
06-06-2013, 12:48 PM
I wouldn't close or send anyone home. :)

I'd just carry on as normal, snuggle him on the sofa or in bed wherever he'd prefer.

mrs robbie williams
06-06-2013, 01:04 PM
I have a mindee who seems to be always getting chest infections, once he is in antibiotics I still have him x