PDA

View Full Version : Good job i have no space

JCrakers
06-06-2013, 10:36 AM
I had a phonecall the other day but as I didn't hear my phone I listened to the voicemail when I arrived home. It was a lady wanting childcare for a baby, she said she had got my number of a mum I already work with.
I rang her back but she didn't answer so I still have to speak to her. (Need to find a quiet moment)

So, parent who recommended me arrived this morning to drop off her little ones and I mentioned that her friend had called. She proceeded to tell me that the lady has a 3yr old and a baby too. The 3yr old goes to a childminder just down the road who I know, we occasionally walk to school together. I've met the 3yr old and the childminder has told me that in sept she will have her baby brother....eek

So the childminder thinks that baby brother is starting in September so why is mum ringing me for childcare.....how awkward !!!

It's a good job I've got no room because that would be an awful situation, especially if mum hadn't mentioned it this morning and told me who it was. I would have taken baby on and it would have caused some problems with the other minder.

hectors house
06-06-2013, 10:45 AM
I had something similar happen to me - someone rang up looking for school pick up for twins about to start in Reception and also all day care for the younger sibling, I didn't have any spaces so recommended a friend but later found out that this woman was with this friend already. My friend didn't do school runs to this school but assumed she was still keeping the little one.

Mouse
06-06-2013, 11:10 AM
It can be really awkward.

I had 2 sets of parents come to visit me a couple of years ago as their childminder was finishing working. They both signed up there & then. I didn't realise until afterwards that a newly registered childminder thought they were going to her. The finishing childminder had told the new cm she'd pass on her details, which she did, but the new cm took this to mean the children would definitely be going to her.

She was so excited to be having 2 children start & I felt absolutely awful when I realised she meant the children who were coming to me.

aella851
06-06-2013, 11:17 AM
Gosh that is a sticky situation. It's that it's business and its not personal to the other cm scenario.