PDA

View Full Version : Moving location

*donnalouise*
05-06-2013, 07:07 PM
I'm planning on moving approx 40 miles in December, and want to continue minding. I am member of the network, and claim NEF funding and short break funding (for disabled children)
I'm looking for advice from other childminders who have managed a house move and to continue minding.
Where do I start?
Do Ofsted come and inspect my new premises? How do I go about changing Authorities and potentially claiming NEF / short breaks ? Does my insurance transfer? How difficult did you find the process? - did you manage to find children almost immediately? and what challenges did you face?

thanks in advance
Donna

supermumy
05-06-2013, 07:25 PM
When I moved I just rang ofsted who said I had fill a risk assessment of the new property and send them it and I could continue to mind and would be contacted for a new inspection which didn't happen for a good year (this was a while ago so maybe it has changed)
Also the insurance follows you just ring and tell them etc

Luckly my mindees came with me as didn't move to far x

helenpotter
06-06-2013, 05:19 AM
I moved house 3 and a half years ago. I did a thorough risk assessment which I sent to ofsted. They just sent a new certificate. They still havnt inspected!!!! My last inspection was 4 and a half years ago.

munch149
06-06-2013, 07:33 AM
I moved 2 years ago and had to do a risk assessment and floorplan (space) of new property. They then just sent a new certificate through.

Mrs Pootle
06-06-2013, 09:53 AM
Hope it all goes well for you, but just a word of warning from my own experience. Tell your existing parents at the last possible moment (depending on notice period of course).

I foolishly thought I would be open with my parents and told them I was selling my house and moving just before the For Sale sign went up. I said I was moving 100 miles away, and so they all looked for alternative care straight away and gave me notice. Within 6 weeks of putting the house on the market I had no mindees, and my house didn't sell for a further 12 months.

If I had my time again I would do things differently. I would have to tell them I was selling because of the For Sale sign, but I would not have let on that I was moving so far away until I had secured a buyer for my house.

Best of look, moving house is stressful enough without worrying about your job too. :)

karen m
07-06-2013, 06:50 AM
I just rang Ofsted to say I was moving , they told me to just do a risk assessment of the new house, would I be using any different rooms , I. e. upstairs as moving from bungalow , asked the date of my move and they sent my new certificate had new inspection 8 months later but as I was over due that was not a problem . Good luck

angeldelight
07-06-2013, 09:16 AM
Hope your house move goes ok

I moved last year did risk ass and Ofsted have not been out yet

I emailed my risk ass to them they replied and asked me to call them ....it was just to confirm who lived with me

Good luck

Angel xxx