PDA

View Full Version : CYPOP5 - policies question

Newtochildcare
05-06-2013, 06:19 PM
Evening!

I have a couple of questions about producing policies for the CYPOP5....I was planning on using the PACEY policies for my childminding setting anyway - is it acceptable to use them for my assignment? In a way, I can't see why not, as surely the point of the work is to make sure we have policies in place prior to starting out, but seems a bit cheeky to just copy and paste! :blush: What have the rest of you done?

Second question, it says to do an 'accident policy', and a 'what to do in an emergency policy'. Would it matter if I did one policy to include both things? i.e an Accident and emergency policy?

Thanks!

Claire

sarah707
05-06-2013, 06:31 PM
You will find a link to the required policies and procedures from this thread -

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/paperwork-policies-procedures-permissions-forms-contracts-booklets/117177-help-paperwork.html

It is very imporatnt that your policies and procedures reflect you and your ways of working :D

Newtochildcare
05-06-2013, 06:40 PM
Thanks Sarah. Yep, I'm all clued up on the policies I need :thumbsup: I have read all the PACEY policies, and have to say, agree with them all to the letter, so would definitely be using them anyway, even if I didn't have to do the course, was just a little unsure of the etiquette of completing the CYPOP5. not sure if I would be marked down for not doing them from scratch??

Petshrinklj
07-06-2013, 04:27 PM
The accident policy I submitted was based on the PACEY one. I just edited the bits that made it more appropriate for my setting. That was the policy I didn't get asked to add to so I assume its fine.
My policy was accident and emergency policy all in one too.

Stapleton83
07-06-2013, 08:44 PM
Think it is fine to use the PACEY policies although I would usually adapt them to fit my views/wording I am comfortable with.

Good luck,

Sam x