PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS: govt scraps plans to change childcare ratios

Simona
05-06-2013, 05:09 PM
I have just picked this news up...

Breaking News: Government scraps plans to change child care ratios | Children & Young People Now (http://www.cypnow.co.uk/cyp/news/1077411/breaking-news-government-scraps-plans-change-ratios)

Nicola Carlyle
05-06-2013, 05:11 PM
Is this for real?

sarah707
05-06-2013, 05:11 PM
I can't quite believe it! :clapping: We did it! :clapping:

shortstuff
05-06-2013, 05:17 PM
well done Sarah and all others involved in leading the campaign x :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: :clapping::clapping:

Simona
05-06-2013, 05:17 PM
Lets hope so...have asked CYPNow to confirm...nothing on the news as yet!!

Kiddleywinks
05-06-2013, 05:22 PM
No mention of agencies though - wonder if this is the 'compromise' to get agencies through

Stapleton83
05-06-2013, 05:24 PM
Woo hoo well done everyone involved, waiting for confirmation and to see if we can get anywhere with the agencies bit next!!!

Sam x

marie55
05-06-2013, 05:25 PM
Woop woop congrats everyone :clapping::jump for joy:

hectors house
05-06-2013, 05:39 PM
Have just e-mailed the news to other childminders in my address book and have asked them to spread the good news but to keep fighting the campaign to introduce agencies. Thank you to everyone on the forum who have fought so hard and continued to try to motivate us all to write to MP's etc.

Just had a thought - maybe the picnics in the park on Childrens Day last Saturday worked after all - and I was up for a strike and a protest!:laughing:

Kiddleywinks
05-06-2013, 05:40 PM
There's still time for that yet lol, still got agencies to get scrapped.....:thumbsup:

SJ35
05-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Yay!!! Well done everyone!!!! Xx

Simona
05-06-2013, 05:48 PM
It appears it is true ...all over twitter and everyone commenting
This is Clegg's statement

BBC News - Clegg says nursery ratio changes are being scrapped (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-22782690)

lilac_dragon
05-06-2013, 05:54 PM
Well done everyone who's worked so hard to get the Government to see what an appalingly bad idea this was !!!!!!!!!!!!

lizann
05-06-2013, 05:54 PM
Fantastic just got to get rid of the agency idea now

Amandak28
05-06-2013, 05:59 PM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/education-22782690

hectors house
05-06-2013, 06:05 PM
Think ratios was a trojan horse to distract us while they sneak agencies in behind our backs - and Nick Clegg is loving taking all the credit for this when he only spoke up about it 2 weeks ago!:panic:

Becci26
05-06-2013, 06:08 PM
Woo this is amazing news!!

phoenix2010
05-06-2013, 06:08 PM
Think ratios was a trojan horse to distract us while they sneak agencies in behind our backs - and Nick Clegg is loving taking all the credit for this when he only spoke up about it 2 weeks ago!:panic:

I agree , the ratios didnt worry me , people wont stick to them anyway

Im more concerned about agencies too

we need to fight just as hard if not harder to scrap them

well done everyone who joined the campaign for this , wrote letters and signed petitions

one down , one to go :thumbsup:

Simona
05-06-2013, 06:10 PM
What we need to do now is keep the pressure against agencies...no one wants or needs them and, from what I heard at the conference today no one is interested in setting them up...lets hope that will be the next UTurn
With appropriate and equal support from LAs all cms can raise quality even further...

mum26
05-06-2013, 06:15 PM
Crikey that was an unexpected surprise to me, would be great if this was the start of the end of MGC. I can't understand why the Government want to bring in Agencies - surely they can see that it isn't going to save parents any money - I certainly wont be absorbing the costs - will pass it on to parents. Unless the ulterior motive is to eventually 'lose' childminders or have us extremely controlled and not have the freedom that we are used to.

CLL
05-06-2013, 06:18 PM
Wow! One battle won another couple to go.

WibbleWobble
05-06-2013, 06:18 PM
i bet Ms Truss is crying into her caviar tonight........lets hope the agency cr:censored:p is shown the door too!

(sorry for rudeness)

wibble the amazed x

hectors house
05-06-2013, 06:20 PM
What we need to do now is keep the pressure against agencies...no one wants or needs them and, from what I heard at the conference today no one is interested in setting them up...lets hope that will be the next UTurn
With appropriate and equal support from LAs all cms can raise quality even further...

Wouldn't it be nice if we could go back to the time before "MGC" and we could get on with doing our very best for Britain's children and the government could find something else to waste millions of tax payers money on.

Does anyone know what is happening about the plans for more 2 year old funding from Sept, is that still going ahead and will it still be LA in charge or Ofsted? Whose hoops do I have to practice jumping through?

littlemiss60561
Hooflippinrah!! Ding ding round 2 ... Welldone everyone xx

Amandak28
Breaking new!!!!

phoenix2010
05-06-2013, 06:23 PM

Well if Truss's plans for ratios and agencies are both rejected then she should lose her job as clearly even the Government think shes potty and she hasnt had a good idea since being promoted

.........apart from raising qualifications of staff , but any idiot could have come up with that

What a shed load of money shes wasted trying to back her ridiculous ideas

AgentTink
05-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Love it.... :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Simona
05-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Hector House...I did go to the 2 year old seminar today in London
I will feedback in a separate post...

VeggieSausage
05-06-2013, 06:36 PM
ABANDON AGENCIES next pleeeeease......I will write and ask.......we must get putting on the pressure about agencies now.....change is possible but I wonder if everything else will be rushed through so they can save face on the u-turn.....

great news....

Mouse
05-06-2013, 07:06 PM
Personally, from a business point of view, I am disappointed, but it is a major achievement nonetheless. Credit where credit's due & well done to everyone who has fought against a change to ratios.
It has to give us hope that some one some where is actually listening to what people are saying. It has to give us hope that agencies might be next on the list of scrapped government plans :thumbsup:

loocyloo
05-06-2013, 07:25 PM
Personally, from a business point of view, I am disappointed, but it is a major achievement nonetheless. Credit where credit's due & well done to everyone who has fought against a change to ratios.
It has to give us hope that some one some where is actually listening to what people are saying. It has to give us hope that agencies might be next on the list of scrapped government plans :thumbsup:

i agree.

i think ratios were there to hide behind, whilst they mess with everything else. an increased ratio would have made my life simpler than endless variations but hey! WE BEAT THEM! :D

Simona
05-06-2013, 07:31 PM
and the SAD NEWS is...cms won't be walking from Trafalgar Square to Downing Street for a peaceful protest...no need anymore!!!

We were actually planning to represent the petition to Cameron...Sarah, Richard, The Juggler and myself have been plotting a bit...I even got Sharon Hodgson to agree to walk with us to Downing Street in July...all to be scrapped now but we were determined
Thank you for the support Richard...save us having to fill a lengthy form!

I can't wait to hear Truss' press release now!

Chatterbox Childcare
05-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Briliant news - thats for the heads up Simona

Kiddleywinks
05-06-2013, 07:36 PM
I agree with both mouse and loocyloo in that ratios weren't my main concern, higher ratios if needed can, I presume, be granted through an ofsted variation so we're no worse off than we were before.
That said, if it had changed, I did wonder to myself how soon the first negative incident would take and for it to be splashed around to be used as 'childminder bashing', so am glad it's been scrapped

Agencies on the other hand - well, I still fail to see how they are going to benefit the profession long term, and foresee (in a mystic meg voice lol) in a few years ALL childminders being required to join an agency of some form.

Simona
05-06-2013, 07:45 PM
Lets be positive about this...something tells me that some 'sort' of variation will still apply for us, hopefully, not so paperwork consuming as before?
This will stop cms abusing the system and caring for more children and taking our business away and those unregistered cms may get reported for illegal minding

It will also mean we get the 2 year olds...judging from what I heard at the conference today many LAs believe vulnerable children are better off with high quality cms...so keep banging on your LA's door to be included and raise the matter at any opportunity you have!

The govt has also spent lots of money on other settings to expand provision and settings have spent huge sums on getting planning permission to expand (one example quoted today was 28,000 to extend one room!)...cms do not need to do that ...we have the capacity and we can prove we are best placed to look after these children, we must prove Ofsted wrong!

helenpotter
05-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Hurray!!!!!

hectors house
05-06-2013, 07:49 PM
I agree with both mouse and loocyloo in that ratios weren't my main concern, higher ratios if needed can, I presume, be granted through an ofsted variation so we're no worse off than we were before.
That said, if it had changed, I did wonder to myself how soon the first negative incident would take and for it to be splashed around to be used as 'childminder bashing', so am glad it's been scrapped

Agencies on the other hand - well, I still fail to see how they are going to benefit the profession long term, and foresee (in a mystic meg voice lol) in a few years ALL childminders being required to join an agency of some form.

I think we are a lot better off than we would have been, yes some people welcomed the fact that childminders would have been able to have an extra child without the hassle of doing a variation but it was the fact that nurseries would have been allowed to double their numbers and take potential children away from me that was my BIGGEST worry - this ratio doesn't just affect childminders it means that Nurseries will have to stick by current ratio too.

Kiddleywinks
05-06-2013, 08:03 PM
and the SAD NEWS is...cms won't be walking from Trafalgar Square to Downing Street for a peaceful protest...no need anymore!!!

We were actually planning to represent the petition to Cameron...Sarah, Richard, The Juggler and myself have been plotting a bit...I even got Sharon Hodgson to agree to walk with us to Downing Street in July...all to be scrapped now but we were determined

Don't go cancelling that idea just yet Simona! Can it be redirected towards 'Abandoning Agencies'?
That is after all, our bigger concern

Kiddleywinks
05-06-2013, 08:06 PM
The govt has also spent lots of money on other settings to expand provision and settings have spent huge sums on getting planning permission to expand (one example quoted today was 28,000 to extend one room!)...cms do not need to do that ...we have the capacity and we can prove we are best placed to look after these children, we must prove Ofsted wrong!

Do you think I could apply for the same amount to extend my setting - could do with an extension (play room) & conservatory (indoor/outdoor play area) :laughing::laughing:

The Juggler
05-06-2013, 08:25 PM
I have just picked this news up...

Breaking News: Government scraps plans to change child care ratios | Children & Young People Now (http://www.cypnow.co.uk/cyp/news/1077411/breaking-news-government-scraps-plans-change-ratios)

just seen this in about 5 different places on FB :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Simona I think it's cleggy we should be bombarding with our views on agencies and removal of LA support. he seems to be listening.

I will be forwarding my correspondence sent to my local MP several months ago and see if he has the guts to listen to do anything. :clapping::clapping:

Simona
05-06-2013, 08:32 PM
...and then get him to walk with us to his own office (well sort of) at Downing Street???

Yes the news is spreading fast...twitter has gone potty but let the rest of the sector not forget to support us against agencies as we cms supported them in the ratio!!

Smiley
05-06-2013, 08:47 PM
Hopefully now Agencies will get some more news and more childminders will start speaking out
:clapping:

The Juggler
05-06-2013, 08:52 PM
...and then get him to walk with us to his own office (well sort of) at Downing Street???

Yes the news is spreading fast...twitter has gone potty but let the rest of the sector not forget to support us against agencies as we cms supported them in the ratio!!

will save us a bit of paper in taking the ratios petition with us too with those 50k signatures.
I'm actually starting to believe that with Clegg we might have some joy.

wendywu
05-06-2013, 08:57 PM
Now let me get this straight, we are still going with the new EYFS that came out last sept , so we can still give ourselves variations and do not have to go to Ofsted.:panic:

Smiley
05-06-2013, 09:20 PM
It's on the BBC news now

Simona
05-06-2013, 09:43 PM
I wondered when someone was going to mention the EYFS ..well done wendywu...yes we go by that and self variate or whatever cms prefer call it

I have mentioned I am off to Birmingham on Friday for the PLA conference (I am not a member but want to hear their views on cms who they now represent)
I am attending a workshop with Dee Gasson Principle Ofsted officer...looking at the agenda now we will be discussing 'Delivering the latest Ofsted changes'...it says it will include possible cms hubs and discuss particular aspects of this report...which one is that and is it out now I ask or is she going to land it on our lap on the day???

I will make sure I ask about present EYFS and our variations...will feedback of course as usual...wonder what kind of atmosphere will be there after today's announcement?

Tell you Juggler..it may have saved on paper but adding on my train mileage with all these journeys up and down the country...still better be there
and listen from the experts I suppose!!
Is it worth bombarding Clegg with emails on agencies? after all no evidence they will save money either

Thanks everyone for the excellent interaction on this thread...I really enjoyed sharing the good news with you all

bindy
05-06-2013, 09:52 PM
I agree regarding having one extra child, no big deal, agencies are a bigger concern to me. Regarding childminders abusing ratios, it happens even now, if a childminder decideds to do it they will no matter what! But good news!

SYLVIA
05-06-2013, 09:52 PM

Perhaps you could do this to stop the agencies. We still have a battle on our hands to get this stupid idea out of the way now

I wonder if we will still be able to do our own variations for siblings or exceptional circumstances. I hope they don't come down hard on us and say no.

Ripeberry
05-06-2013, 10:41 PM
We've won the ration battle. Now to win the 'Agency War'! :thumbsup:

MessybutHappy
06-06-2013, 06:11 AM
Gotta love the beeb! Just watched them trying to reduce the story to the lib dems making a political stand rather than explaining the wider MGC plans and the other daft ideas contained within it!!

Simona
06-06-2013, 06:39 AM
Shame on the BBC ...after so many hours of coverage it reduced it to a few seconds' announcement

Agencies...yes , while I am pinching myself that the ratios have really gone we still have agencies...let me have a little think but any action has to be very quick as we literally have to act quickly

What does the forum want to do? after all you raised 54,000 signatures...let no one forget this or take the glory for the reversal of ratios which is a huge effort by ALL involved, all who signed and all who campaigned

Send me a DM if you wan to discuss any action on agencies I will also chat to others..

karen m
06-06-2013, 07:11 AM
Heard this on the news this morning :)

partyrings
06-06-2013, 07:16 AM
Sense at last :0)

hectors house
06-06-2013, 07:20 AM
Just seen on BBC that they are now banging on again about the "high cost of childcare" and suggesting that parents take out a childcare loan (like student loans) that they pay back over a number of years!

munch149
06-06-2013, 07:31 AM
Just seen on BBC that they are now banging on again about the "high cost of childcare" and suggesting that parents take out a childcare loan (like student loans) that they pay back over a number of years!

How is getting Into debt going to help people

hectors house
06-06-2013, 07:39 AM

Maybe we need to be more like America where they start saving when (or before) they have children to fund their child's education and college fees.

Of course this loan idea will only hit the people who work and who can only afford to have a couple of children as the unemployed who choose to have lots of kids will still get it all for free!

bunyip
06-06-2013, 07:39 AM

I think you're missing the point of free market capitalism. It isn't meant to help "people"; it's there to favour a few people. :mad:

Debt, of course is that thing that government wants individuals to get into to prop up a hyper-inflated housing market and keep buying entirely unnecessary consumer goods/tat in order to make profits for big businesses, whilst at the same time shying away from borrowing money as a nation in order to support jobs and services.

Hmmm, go figure..............:(

Smiley
06-06-2013, 07:47 AM
Yet they still get their facts wrong in regard to childminder ratios
Clegg kills off bid to cut cost of childcare: U-turn angers Tories and deals a blow to parents | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2336583/Clegg-kills-bid-cut-cost-childcare-U-turn-angers-Tories-deals-blow-parents.html)

bunyip
06-06-2013, 07:51 AM
Well done everyone. But I'm still going to be a miserable bu55er and say that celebrations may prove to be premature. We've yet to see what changes will be announced.

The increased ratios were the only possible argument (albeit a flawed argument) for how providers might reduce fees, and therefore the ratios question underpinned the argument for agencies and mega-nurseries. But in no way does that mean the agencies and mega-nurseries plan will just disappear. There's been plenty of bad legislation forced through, even when the internal logic has gone.

It would be nice to see the regime go back to the research they commissioned and pay some attention to its authors, but naive to think that might happen.

Politically speaking, Clegg has got is headlines by (temporarily) stepping out of lap-dog mode, so I wouldn't be looking for any more favours there.

As Gust's Zen master said of the boy and the horse, "we'll see...."

I'll also be interested to see where this leaves Ofsted and their inspectors on the issue of 'variations'. I've a suspicion their rather relaxed attitude in the wake of EYFS 2012's total lack of clarity was founded on the thought that the numbers would change soon. If the numbers are not going to change, will we see Ofsted tightening up on their interpretation of the badly-drafted ratios rules? :confused:

bunyip
06-06-2013, 07:54 AM
Yet they still get their facts wrong in regard to childminder ratios
Clegg kills off bid to cut cost of childcare: U-turn angers Tories and deals a blow to parents | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2336583/Clegg-kills-bid-cut-cost-childcare-U-turn-angers-Tories-deals-blow-parents.html)

...but refreshing to see the Daily Mail finding a scapegoat who is white, middle class, and with a "good job". :D

wendywu
06-06-2013, 08:08 AM
I reckon the ratios were a smoke screen to take our minds off the agencies as under the new EYFS we could decide ourselves to have 4 under 5s and also for continuity of care overlap with 5children. So ET was not really doing anything different with this.

The LA will looses their power over who can and cannot offer the funding and i they will not back track on that. But the big threat to our profession is the agencies. This is where the real fight is. I think the ratios were always meant to be the peace offering from the goverment anyway in the hope it would shut us up.
So now we need to shoot the agencies down to oblivion where they belong. :angry:

Simona
06-06-2013, 08:14 AM
Further comments from Clegg...dismiss the Mail..it is very Tory and frankly not credible

Victory for the early years sector over ratios | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/article/1185281/victory-early-years-sector-ratios)

Las will have no choice over funding..either they comply or DfE will remove their powers
From what I heard yesterday they will not disappear but whatever they offer will be at a cost...somehow they have to raise money to survive??

Donkey
06-06-2013, 08:33 AM
daily fail...

under the proposals one childminder would have been able to look after four babies under the age of one

hello???? 4 under 1????? do I look like I want a one way ticket to an inpatient treatment facility!!!!

:o :o

if your going to write an article, get your facts straight first....

Mouse
06-06-2013, 08:38 AM
daily fail...

under the proposals one childminder would have been able to look after four babies under the age of one

hello???? 4 under 1????? do I look like I want a one way ticket to an inpatient treatment facility!!!!

:o :o

if your going to write an article, get your facts straight first....

I've seen very few articles that have got it right. Even the "experts" have given the impression we would have been able to have 6 under 8s (4 pre-school AND 2 under 1).
The thought of nursery staff being able to have 4 under 1s would have been terrifying. I didn't realise they could already have 3 though. Even that is too much!

lisbet
06-06-2013, 08:40 AM
No surprise to hear on the radio this morning that they will soon reveal more about their plans to make it easier for schools to offer childcare.

I would have a milligram of respect for them if they were honest enough to explain their ultimate aims upfront. I suspect they are along these lines:

"We want Joe Public's 2yr olds in schools and favoured nurseries. We're not fussed about nurturing them as confident, creative individuals; we just want them to learn do what their superior tells them, ready to absorb Mr Gove's list of facts when they're school age. Those self-employed childminders can't be trusted to support our particular vision of 'school readiness' and 'teaching' so we want them relegated to wrap-around care when schools are shut."

:angry: :panic: :ohdear:

Simona
06-06-2013, 08:41 AM
Hope this link works....brilliant!!
By the way where is the Minister for Childcare this morning???

https://twitter.com/GeneralBoles/status/342531574824304640/photo/1

hectors house
06-06-2013, 08:46 AM
I've seen very few articles that have got it right. Even the "experts" have given the impression we would have been able to have 6 under 8s (4 pre-school AND 2 under 1).
The thought of nursery staff being able to have 4 under 1s would have been terrifying. I didn't realise they could already have 3 though. Even that is too much!

Yes in nurseries the ratio is 1 adult to 3 babies, even more terrifying is when you realise that most baby rooms are upstairs - how could one person carry 3 babies outside to play let alone to evacuate incase of a fire! I am sometimes a little "naughty" and point this out in a roundabout way when they come to visit me to talk about baby spaces especially if I know they are also looking at Nurseries:D

Mouse
06-06-2013, 08:53 AM
Yes in nurseries the ratio is 1 adult to 3 babies, even more terrifying is when you realise that most baby rooms are upstairs - how could one person carry 3 babies outside to play let alone to evacuate incase of a fire! I am sometimes a little "naughty" and point this out in a roundabout way when they come to visit me to talk about baby spaces especially if I know they are also looking at Nurseries:D

lol! It's amazing how easily you can trash a nursery, but in such a sweet way ;) I also point out that very often the staff are very young girls with no children of their own, so limited experience. It's usually along the lines of "these poor young girls in nursery with no experience of what it's actually like to have a baby 24/7. As a parent you know how demanding it can be. Poor things must be run ragged having to look after several at once"...it just plants the seeds of doubt!

EDIT: I would add that I have no problem with childless people looking after children, nor indeed young people looking after children. This is purely a business tactic ;)

SammySplodger
06-06-2013, 08:58 AM
Hope this link works....brilliant!!
By the way where is the Minister for Childcare this morning???

https://twitter.com/GeneralBoles/status/342531574824304640/photo/1

Ha! Ha! Made me giggle...
Oh to be a fly on the wall chez Truss...
:-)

Simona
06-06-2013, 09:11 AM
More comments...notice the words 'apparent Uturn'...

BBC News - Nursery ratio changes being scrapped, Nick Clegg says (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-22782690)

mama2three
06-06-2013, 09:25 AM
Im not sure about Paceys response in the article , - how to make 'what' a reality? Agencies? Im sure its just poor wording but it does read as if there is concern about agencies , and there needs to be discussion about how to make them a reality. Or is it just my addled brain reading it wrong. I hope so.

Liz Bayram, joint chief executive of the Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years, said the organisation was "relieved" by the decision

"Whilst today's announcement is good news for children and families, there remains a great deal of sector concern around other government childcare proposals. There needs to be a more full and open discussion with the sector and parents around how to make this a reality."

Simona
06-06-2013, 10:07 AM
Yes a bit too open ended...if it refers to agencies it won't work and they must not become a reality
My info sharing now is that the Children and Families Bill is back on Tuesday 11 June with another session

I understand agencies will be on the agenda and it will be, as usual, on tv....put in your diary and hopefully will get a link to post and follow the debate

aella851
06-06-2013, 11:06 AM
Think its great news :-)

Simona
06-06-2013, 11:34 AM
Cathy Nutbrown and others comment on the scrapping of the ratios...and yes we still need a response to the Childcare Commission as stated in one of the comments

Nutbrown joins early years professionals' joy over ratios rejection | Children & Young People Now (http://www.cypnow.co.uk/cyp/news/1077418/nutbrown-joins-professionals-joy-ratios-rejection)

Simona
06-06-2013, 12:04 PM
This has just been released...someone questioning whether the plans have been dropped as they appear to be squabbling!

Clegg blocks childcare plans - ITV News (http://www.itv.com/news/story/2013-06-05/nick-clegg-blocks-plans-to-loosen-childcare-rules/)

...and this...are they split on this issue? messy to say the least

Clegg intervenes to sound death knell for ratios policy | Children & Young People Now (http://www.cypnow.co.uk/cyp/news/1077414/clegg-intervenes-sound-death-knell-ratios-policy)

The Juggler
06-06-2013, 10:17 PM
I wondered when someone was going to mention the EYFS ..well done wendywu...yes we go by that and self variate or whatever cms prefer call it

I have mentioned I am off to Birmingham on Friday for the PLA conference (I am not a member but want to hear their views on cms who they now represent)
I am attending a workshop with Dee Gasson Principle Ofsted officer...looking at the agenda now we will be discussing 'Delivering the latest Ofsted changes'...it says it will include possible cms hubs and discuss particular aspects of this report...which one is that and is it out now I ask or is she going to land it on our lap on the day???

I will make sure I ask about present EYFS and our variations...will feedback of course as usual...wonder what kind of atmosphere will be there after today's announcement?

Tell you Juggler..it may have saved on paper but adding on my train mileage with all these journeys up and down the country...still better be there
and listen from the experts I suppose!!
Is it worth bombarding Clegg with emails on agencies? after all no evidence they will save money either

Thanks everyone for the excellent interaction on this thread...I really enjoyed sharing the good news with you all

as he is the only one listening to the arguments - I think we've got nothing to lose by trying

Simona
07-06-2013, 04:37 AM
Yes you are right ...worth a few emails and to my MP as well, Cable, who was very much in favour of the proposals when I last met him, especially agencies!

Mouse
07-06-2013, 07:31 AM
This has just been released...someone questioning whether the plans have been dropped as they appear to be squabbling!

Clegg blocks childcare plans - ITV News (http://www.itv.com/news/story/2013-06-05/nick-clegg-blocks-plans-to-loosen-childcare-rules/)

...and this...are they split on this issue? messy to say the least

Clegg intervenes to sound death knell for ratios policy | Children & Young People Now (http://www.cypnow.co.uk/cyp/news/1077414/clegg-intervenes-sound-death-knell-ratios-policy)

So once again we're left waiting for an official announcement :panic: This has been so typical of the waiting game we've been playing for months now.