PDA

View Full Version : Parent visits at weekends? what does everyone do....

VeggieSausage
04-06-2013, 04:54 PM
I have met the mum and she wants the dad to meet me but he is working all week so they want to come at the weekend.....I really like everyone to come in the week as this is when I am working....am I being unreasonable. I will say yes of course as I want the work but if you want to find good childcare surely you can be a bit flexible?.....when do other people meet parents?

bernesewalking
04-06-2013, 05:02 PM
For the first meeting I tend to do weekends as it gives me the opportunity to talk with out littles ones running around, if they are interested I then invite them back during the week to meet the children I have on the days they are interested in, it works well for me, good luck tho

wendywu
04-06-2013, 05:08 PM
I do weekends as well or evenings i dont mind :)

dette
04-06-2013, 05:12 PM
I do meetings after work or evenings. I cant talk to them properly when i'm working, if they want to come back when i'm working,which to be honest no one ever has ,they all just think i'm fab and sign up,i wonder how they feel when they call to collect their LO on their first day and you can hardly see the floor for kids and toys LOL

lisbet
04-06-2013, 05:23 PM
So far I've found the mums will come for an initial visit during my working hours, but then the meeting to sign the contract needs to be at the weekend so the Dad can meet me and sign too. I would much prefer to keep visits within working hours, but they have all been considerate of the contract meeting being in 'family time' though and come on time and left once we've gone through the contract. :)

marnieb
04-06-2013, 05:26 PM
I have all my initial meetings when I'm working - I think it helps as the parents can see how you are with the kiddies.

Tbh if a parent wanted to meet on a weekend then I'd suggest meeting up at a coffee shop or something.

shortstuff
04-06-2013, 05:30 PM
I have one coming around on Sunday of this week. If its the only time they can come then it is fine with me. :D

loocyloo
04-06-2013, 05:46 PM
I prefer to do visits when I am working, but will talk to prospective parents to find a mutually convenient time to meet up.

The only time I said no was to a visit where mum said "we'll be with you by 7.45am":O I said I work mornings but as dh is here and I'm also getting my own children sorted I don't have time before 9am for an interview!

freckleonear
04-06-2013, 05:48 PM
I'm happy to do visits either when I'm working or during the weekend, whichever suits the parents best.

SYLVIA
04-06-2013, 08:15 PM
I dont mind saturdays but wont do sundays

Tinkerbell1979
04-06-2013, 08:32 PM
I don't mind weekend visits but explain that it's my family time and the house may not be perfect. Never had a problem....am now full :-)

littlemiss60561
04-06-2013, 08:44 PM
im happy to do weekends if ive got nothing planned. pref mid morning so the day is still pretty free.

lor
04-06-2013, 09:29 PM
I do my meetings with parents Sat mornings as I wouldn't be able to do them during working hours(to mad here) I do them earlyish 10.00,try to wrap it up in under an hour so I have the rest of the day to do all the other jobs I have to do!

XX

lawlie
05-06-2013, 08:32 AM
Hi, I just had a parent come & sign contract on Sunday morning, I was fine with it as I had plans on the Saturday :)

VeggieSausage
05-06-2013, 11:27 AM
just me then!! lol.....I don't work on a friday so prefer to see people then than at the weekend, I don't see people when I have other children as I feel it could be a safeguarding issue and no time to talk.....

Chatterbox Childcare
05-06-2013, 01:08 PM
I see people at the weekend but when I am free. Sometimes dads cannot make evenings and I have been known to go to their house in the evening to meet them whilst their children are in bed