PDA

View Full Version : Hand foot and mouth

munch149
04-06-2013, 09:47 AM
Doctor didn't seem concerned about me working but it is contagious. Most mindees have it anyway so we can be contagious together but

Should I keep away mindees without symptoms???

I assume i should stay away from groups and outing????

Stapleton83
04-06-2013, 10:16 AM
Hi,

Poor you! Yes it is contagious but I wouldn't worry too much about segregating the children at your house, chances are they will already have it by now. Personally if it was me I would stay away from playgroup etc. as much as anything because I wouldn't want to think I had given it to someone else. Rest assured though I got told by my GP that it is very common in LOs.

If it was me I would make the most of the weather and enjoy the sunshine at home.

Take care.

Sam x

munch149
04-06-2013, 10:38 AM
Thanks I looked it up on recommendations for Heath protection agency and it says no time is needed away from school etc

munch149
04-06-2013, 11:01 AM
Now a parent says they were advised by Nhs direct to keep child away as they have no symptoms

supermumy
04-06-2013, 11:15 AM
My own kids have had this and u do need to stay away from playgroups etc even their school won't take them ??
It Is very contagious and is very painful ESP wen in the mouth my kids was so poorly I wouldn't look after a child with it personally they should be at home and kept away from kids that don't have syptoms :)

munch149
04-06-2013, 12:04 PM
My daughters actually fine other than a bit of a rash she's not ill with it and none in mouth

pipandbaz
04-06-2013, 12:38 PM
It is common and contagious but one of the things we don't have to exclude for (although its upto you) my little ones had it last month and were all very poorly most stayed at home through choice.

supermumy
04-06-2013, 01:43 PM
My daughters actually fine other than a bit of a rash she's not ill with it and none in mouth

Are you sure it's hand foot mouth?? Has she got the blisters? :)

munch149
04-06-2013, 03:34 PM
It's what the doctors said it was but let's face it how much do they no. There are a few blistery spots but not many

supermumy
04-06-2013, 06:45 PM
It's what the doctors said it was but let's face it how much do they no. There are a few blistery spots but not many

Either way hope they get better :)