PDA

View Full Version : clothing

pipandbaz
04-06-2013, 08:31 AM
I know we are finally having some nice weather but why do parents insist sending their children without a cardigan/jumper? I'm in wales and yes its sunny but not in the house!

karen m
04-06-2013, 09:28 AM
This drives me mad , my garden is nice and sunny but indoors is really cool. I have 3 siblings this morning 1 child has come in T. Shirt, shorts and deck shoes ,sole hanging off other 1 has come in jeans , long sleeve T.shirt , trainers and socks, these are withe till 5 from 6.30 this morning the eldest has come in summer dress and was crying to mum she wanted a cardigan and was told you don't need it she has gone to school in tears

pipandbaz
04-06-2013, 12:35 PM
Parents can be so horrid they toddle off to work or gym sometimes in my situation and were left with upset children - not happy

karen m
05-06-2013, 08:17 AM
Well today all 3 have come in very summery clothing, eldest has brought a winter coat for over her summer dress but both boys are in shorts , t. Shirts no socks , no jumper , jacket is it as hot as yesterday NO do these parents not realise it is cool standing in playground doing school drop off , oh and the sole of the shoe which was flapping yesterday .... Mum pulled off and just put shoes on ahhhh

Jenna
05-06-2013, 08:27 AM
I never get this either I'm in Wales too. Last Friday was boiling hot I took my mindees for a stroll around The Hay Book Festival. All parents knew we were going only 1 turned up with a sun hat no one had any Cream and 2 turned up in jeans and wellies. I know we don't see the sun very much but god I like to make the most of it when we do. DS is always in shorts when warm even if its cloudy. It was so hot that afternoon that when we got home I stripped them all of to vests and nappies to cool down a bit.

Koala
05-06-2013, 08:27 AM
Parents can be so horrid they toddle off to work or gym sometimes in my situation and were left with upset children - not happy

I know it sounds a bit negative but sometimes I think parents want their children to be unhappy when they leave them with us!!

Or is it just me that feels this way sometimes??

This happens more and more with certain parents and sometimes I just feel that if they don't want their children to come then don't come, but still they keep coming!?! :panic:

bunyip
05-06-2013, 09:39 AM
This is unacceptable. I'd have a word with the parent. If this happens again, I'd refuse to accept the child cos I am responsible for their well-being after handover. It would also be noted as a concern re: possible evidence of neglect. :mad:

pipandbaz
05-06-2013, 12:52 PM
So reassuring this forum, I always feel better after I've aired (moaned) my views! Thanks guys
They've all come today with cardigans .....and a snotty nose :-(

suziealderton
05-06-2013, 02:40 PM
Mine are never sent with appropriate clothing. In the past the parents have sent the bag with 1 nappy in, and one time no bottles!