PDA

View Full Version : having 3 under 2's?

Npg1
03-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Hi. I have been approached by a mum today who has a 1yr old asking if I will have her Wednesday and Thursday in sept plus her sister after school.

Wednesdays are y busiest day and will have a 22 mth old, a 1yr old plus this child who will then be 15mths.

The problem is I set my childminding up for my friend who has the (will be 22mth old) and have gradually built things up and now im worried she will get funny with me if I take on another child as she wasnt too impressed when I took on the baby I have now.

They are really good together and have started playing together really well which is lovely to see and another child would be good.

What would you all do?

lauraring1
03-06-2013, 09:11 PM
She's uses your service, she's not your boss! If you are working from your home as a self employed childminder you have the right to take on who you want to... If you were employed by her as a nanny then that's completely different... I would talk to her.

clareelizabeth1
03-06-2013, 09:14 PM
I would take the child on. If your friend wants one on one care then she should pay for all three ey spaces.

If she does get funny then you will have to tell her that it is a business you are running it is often best to keep thing business like with all clients. I personally do not mind for friends as I find they take the mick.

Npg1
03-06-2013, 09:24 PM
Sorry, she isnt my friend so to speak, she is my neighbour and since cm her daughter we have got more friendly.

Ok so when you take on another child donyou let your parents know?

Rick
03-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Sorry, she isnt my friend so to speak, she is my neighbour and since cm her daughter we have got more friendly.

Ok so when you take on another child donyou let your parents know?

Inform them yes but you don't need their permission. You are keeping within the rules so if she doesn't like it she can find someone else. As said already, she only pays for one space, not three! Tell her it might be of benefit having three little ones around the same age.

The Juggler
03-06-2013, 09:36 PM
i would not worry so much about the first mum but rather you. I did it for a year - only 1 day a week - I found it quite hard. Was ok once oldest was 2 and could go on a buggy board - but otherwise you'd need triple buggy maybe?

jackie 7
04-06-2013, 01:42 PM
She should be pleased god you. If she wanted a nanny then that is what she should pay for. Well done on getting full. They will get on so well together.

moggy
04-06-2013, 01:51 PM
Certainly anyone using a CM should not expect the CM to only care for their own child!
We all start with 1, or 2 children at first then it grows to whatever level suits the CM (within ratios!).
I would never consult parents about taking on another child (if within EYFS ratios), but would inform them in a cheery way, usually in a newsletter that 'we have a new friend coming to play on xxx days' etc and of course think of consequences for all in terms of the needs of each child (ages, special needs, how they will get on together etc).

Npg1
04-06-2013, 06:59 PM
Have spoke to 1 parent who has her baby with me and will be 1 in sept, she seemed ok but said she would be a bit concerned as x can be demanding at times. She then went on to tell me that in sept she may only need me 1 day now (it was meant to be 2 days) feel fed up!