PDA

View Full Version : Parent's Working Hours Changed

kimnolan87
03-06-2013, 06:10 PM
Hiya,

I have a LO who was my first mindee......when she started it was arranged that I would have her Wednesday, Thursday and Friday week one and then the following week would be, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

As she was my first, I agreed and was happy that the parents agreed for LO to just "muck in" with anything we did as a family on Saturdays (just myself and my fiancé at the moment).

At the beginning of May, mum's hours changed at work, as she jobs shares she changed her days to Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. This suited me perfectly as it meant that I had my weekends back and also, all Friday off after the morning school run.

Mum phoned yesterday and asked if I can have LO Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday this week as work phoned her during her holiday and she isn't sure if this is a perm change until she goes in on Wednesday.

I have said I can have LO for the four days this week, but I really don't want to have to give up my Saturdays again, and even more so if it turns out to be four days a week!!!

However, how can I discuss this with mum without risking losing LO?

Help!
Thanks,
Kim x

shortstuff
03-06-2013, 06:16 PM
will the mum have any say in whether it becomes a permanent change? if she does I would let her know how you feel sooner rather than later as she might think you will be happy with the arrangement.

The Juggler
03-06-2013, 10:00 PM
i agree. tell her you can no longer do Sats. if she tells her work this, she might be able to get out of having to do it - if she can't sort childcare. However, you might risk losing her so depends if you can afford to risk this?

Personally, I wouldn't do Saturdays if I felt it didn't work any longer :)

CLL
04-06-2013, 06:32 AM
You obviously have other children to look after now so you do not even have the beginning of the week off like you used to. I would tell mum now that you can no longer do Fridays and Saturdays so she can tell work. You will loose the child if they are the days she needs but you will get another one soon.