PDA

View Full Version : Meals ;-(

lizzymoonshine
06-07-2008, 05:22 PM
I know this probably sounds daft, but i've started minding for a 14 month old little girl and wondered if anyone had any good receipe ideas? :)

fishbones1
06-07-2008, 05:29 PM
Hi my daughter is 12 months and she just loves anything pasta so things like spaghetti bolognaise, lasagne or tuna pasta. veg with any meat.

I have the annabel Karmel book for babies and young toddlers, its great for ideas.

Hope this helps

LeeAnn
06-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Macaroni cheese, home made soup with chunks of bread in it. Mince and potatoes, anything with mashed potatoes and veg! baked potato with cheese and beans , spaghetti bolognase, lasagna. Pancakes, french toast, scrambled eggs. Boiled eggs with toast soldiers, noodles or stir frys

I would be happy to give you any recipes if you like.

Also I loved annabel Karmel, she also has a website, and has a load of books which you could probably easily pick up 2nd hand.

http://www.annabelkarmel.com/age-range/children-age-1-4

x x x x

LeeAnn
06-07-2008, 06:00 PM
also wanted to add that I use my freezer a lot! I will either make big batches of dishes or parts of dishes (mashed ptatoes or mashed veg for example) or I put extra portions into little tubs and freeze them . Then that way if I am in a rush we have something in a toddler sized portion in a few minutes.

Steam fresh veg is also a favourite and a lifesaver around here, handy if you are only cooking for one or two at a time

x x x x

chelle
06-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Macaroni cheese, home made soup with chunks of bread in it. Mince and potatoes, anything with mashed potatoes and veg! baked potato with cheese and beans , spaghetti bolognase, lasagna. Pancakes, french toast, scrambled eggs. Boiled eggs with toast soldiers, noodles or stir frys

I would be happy to give you any recipes if you like.

Also I loved annabel Karmel, she also has a website, and has a load of books which you could probably easily pick up 2nd hand.

http://www.annabelkarmel.com/age-range/children-age-1-4

x x x x

Hi thanks for posting annabel karmels website i have never heard off her and i have just had a look and got some good ideas from it so thanks again :thumbsup: xx

LeeAnn
06-07-2008, 07:36 PM
you are welcome :)

x x x x

lizzymoonshine
06-07-2008, 07:42 PM
oh thanks ladies, your stars,

i know it sounds daft, mine are 8 and 7 and its along time since i catered for a one year old! i know they can eat like us, but just needed a bit of inspiration! thanks again! :D

Pudding Girl
06-07-2008, 07:44 PM
It's a good thing to get in habit of making a lil extra for your evening meals, then keeping it and freezing it for the mindee - esp when they only eat smaller amounts - time saving and economical too - plus means all you need to do is whack it int he microwave leaving plenty time to have lots of lovely play :)

Pedagog
06-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Her website and books are great we still use them and my youngest is 8.