PDA

View Full Version : Another Ofsted application related question - please help!

Emra81
02-06-2013, 09:12 PM
My husband came out of the army within the last 5 years and was stationed in Germany at the time so we're going to have to put that address on the Ofsted application form as well as our current one...

I'm now stressing as the form says that they may request further info from that country e.g. police checks and I've got visions of waiting months for the cogs to turn out in Germany - does anyone have any experience of members of their household having lived abroad or having been in the Forces when they applied to Ofsted?

He's now a policeman so clearly the police were happy that he hadn't been up to anything untoward whilst abroad - but I'm guessing that probably isn't good enough for Mrs O!?

I'm hoping someone can put my mind at ease....but fearing the worst! :panic:

Rick
02-06-2013, 09:17 PM
I'm sure it must have happened many times before where a person has lived abroad in the last five years. Probably not much you can do about it, it will take as long as it takes!

Good luck :thumbsup:

jillplum
03-06-2013, 12:43 PM
When I became a cm I had only been in the uk for 6 months. They said they would have to contact the country II used to live in and I expected a massive delay. But it was all done really quickly. Luck of the draw I guess.

Emra81
03-06-2013, 10:00 PM
Thanks for your replies...I called ofsted today and they said that they'll have to get a check done through ssafa (a forces support agency) and who knows how long that'll take!

Desperately want to be registered before the end of the summer so I'm kicking myself that it didn't occur to me that his time abroad might slow the process down. Why didn't I start the application process earlier?! Ggrrrr!

Oh well, application all submitted now so we'll just have to wait and see... :-S

nicola1981
04-06-2013, 06:44 AM
My husband's ssafa check only took a couple of weeks.

Emra81
04-06-2013, 05:10 PM
Thanks Nicola, that gives me hope! Fingers crossed my hubby's is the same :-)

nicola1981
04-06-2013, 08:21 PM
I rang them and explained the situation too but im not sure what number I used

Emra81
04-06-2013, 09:39 PM
As in you rang ssafa or ofsted? I'll call every day if it gets things processed faster....I do like to make a nuisance of myself :-D

nicola1981
07-06-2013, 04:32 PM
I rang ssafa