PDA

View Full Version : Fathers day ideas???!!!

Supernanny86
02-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Hi all, I just cannot think of something good for Father's Day!! Their dads birthday is close too so wondering if anyone can think of something I could do to maybe combine the two or is that not a good idea??!

I'm so stuck with this!! Didn't have this problem with Mother's Day!!

I did have an idea of their footprints next to daddy's shoe print but his feet are a 14!!!! Huge!!

They are twins 21m boys, any suggestions welcome!! Xx

Becci26
02-06-2013, 08:29 PM
I saw on an fb group some painted canvases which looked good.

They cut out the word dad in paper/ card and stuck it down on the canvas, let the children paint the canvas any which way they please and then once dry remove the attached letters.

Was very effective :)

Supernanny86
02-06-2013, 08:33 PM
I saw on an fb group some painted canvases which looked good.

They cut out the word dad in paper/ card and stuck it down on the canvas, let the children paint the canvas any which way they please and then once dry remove the attached letters.

Was very effective :)

That's sound a gd idea, thanks!! That's simple but effective!! They're on holiday this week so need it to be quick as need to get it done along with their usual activities! Thanks becci x

Becci26
02-06-2013, 08:38 PM
Anytime :)

loocyloo
02-06-2013, 10:19 PM
When I was a nanny, one year we bought a plain white silk tie and then the children painted it with silk paint :-)

Dad still wears it over 10 years on!!! But he did like way out ties! ;-)

We also did silk hankies.

Another thing we did was to get one of those photo frames with a mount inside with lots of 'holes' for photos and the children decorated the mount. I put a few photos in of the children and left the rest empty for parents to fill.

And one last idea... The children made banners saying happy birthday and I took photos of them holding banners and then put those in a frame. Mum loved it so much, she had put on mugs and all sorts of things :-D

Supernanny86
02-06-2013, 10:51 PM
When I was a nanny, one year we bought a plain white silk tie and then the children painted it with silk paint :-)

Dad still wears it over 10 years on!!! But he did like way out ties! ;-)

We also did silk hankies.

Another thing we did was to get one of those photo frames with a mount inside with lots of 'holes' for photos and the children decorated the mount. I put a few photos in of the children and left the rest empty for parents to fill.

And one last idea... The children made banners saying happy birthday and I took photos of them holding banners and then put those in a frame. Mum loved it so much, she had put on mugs and all sorts of things :-D

Thanks so much loocyloo, some great ideas! It's going to be hard to choose!! :D

sandy64
03-06-2013, 06:43 AM
thanks for sharing some lovely ideas:)

Kirstylob
03-06-2013, 12:36 PM
I have 4 dads having birthday this month and all near Fathers Day!! Very hard to do cards for birthday and Fathers Day so close together! I like the Happy Birthday banner idea.

Supernanny86
03-06-2013, 02:18 PM
I have 4 dads having birthday this month and all near Fathers Day!! Very hard to do cards for birthday and Fathers Day so close together! I like the Happy Birthday banner idea.

Hard isn't it?! How inconsiderate to have their birthdays near Father's Day!! Lol!!

Why are men so much harder to think for?! :D