PDA

View Full Version : eyfs training

foxy lady
06-07-2008, 05:10 PM
i went on my eyfs training on sat
it was 10am till 3pm with a loverly lunch supplied
i found it very imformative but doing most of it allready
not that much different from birth to three
any of you worried about eyfs coming in dont worry if you were doing ok with birth to three you will find it
i think its worth going on the course an you get a nice cirtificate to go in portfolio :clapping:

Heaven Scent
06-07-2008, 06:02 PM
I've done mine over 3 sessions and it was a total farce - I'm no wiser than before - just as well I've worked with children all my life in avariety of settings and I've lectured in childcare or it would still be a huge muddle that would confuse me - infact some things do but only in what is really expected of you by ofsted inspectors - I still feel it will be very subjective when it comes to what is acceptable with regard ot planning and observations etc. Some may look for more detail than others iyswim. - I'm sure it will all come out in the wash soon enough and sort itself out in due course - I just feel for anyone who will be inspected in the first few months of the new round of inspections

sarah707
06-07-2008, 06:07 PM
It's good to hear a positive experience Foxy ...

So many members have felt their training was not enough to be confident tackling eyfs ...

Which is a great pity when we have to give up free time to go to these things :(